“Friendly and Generous ..”
Review of New Sushi King

New Sushi King
Ranked #146 of 249 Restaurants in Alameda
Cuisines: Sushi
Brisbane, California
“Friendly and Generous ..”
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Unlike the other reviewer who only tried the Restaurant one time, I've been going there for about 1 1/2 to 2 years now (can't remember when they opened, but it was something like that) I have found them very friendly, and they make me generous portions of anything I order. They treat me as a long time friend and have my food ready when call in a order for take out. I can see it getting busy (I have seen it that way before, because it is a good restaurant, and many people like it) and I can only guess that the service might get a little slight at any restaurant when it's busy, and they don't have many people for everyone's demands right when they request it. Everyone has a off day. I can tell you that I've had witnessed more good then any possible off day for this restaurant. I enjoy this place and respect the owners. They work hard, and it shows. Just because one person didn't like it, doesn't mean that everyone is not going to like it. But I've gone there many, many times,
(I love any kind of sushi) Everyone has different experiences. Give it a couple of tries, you might be surprised.

Emeryville, CA
“Not Nobu, but decent”
Reviewed October 11, 2008

This place is an inexpensive local restaurant with generous portions of basic, Americanized Japanese food*. We've gone in large family groups (10+ people) a couple of times but didn't have the service problems that the other reviewer experienced. Indeed, we're planning to go there with a 7+ person group for dinner in a couple of days.

While it doesn't sound right to be ignored if your child spilled something, it is the kind of restaurant where you needn't be too self-conscious if your young child spills something, or is chatting loudly, either.

* Lots of sushi rolls with English nicknames, bento box combinations, tempura, donburi, teriyaki, etc.

San Francisco, California
“New Sushi Restaurant - Won't be around long!”
Reviewed May 25, 2008

we went to this restaurant for the first time last week. it had to be the worst restaurant experience i've had in a long time. the waitresses were completely inept on so many levels (took away our food while we were still eating, my daughter spilled soup and i had to clean it myself and ASK them to take away the napkins i had to get from other tables, bad techno music was blaring when we walked in). the food wasn't particularly good (kamakura is way better- the california rolls here were mushy, chintzy on the wasabi, etc.), and there is no kids menu (typical for japanese restaurants but, what's up with that?).

these guys are going to have to get it together or they're not going to make it. it's too bad because we could use a sushi restaurant over here, but we won't be back, and i bet a lot of people won't, either.