“Fresh Sushi”
Review of New Sushi King - CLOSED

New Sushi King
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Good food with friendly staff. Fresh sushi with good selection for sushi lovers. Parking is on the street but worth the headache. Lobster and Tiger rolls are my favorite, with excellent sea kelp salad and fresh edamame. Resonably priced for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We come here quite regularly. When my family from Florida come to visit, they always request that we go to this place for their fill of sushi. Our favorite and never-miss-ordering dish is the sashimi salad consisting of cuts of sashimi (love butter fish!) and cucumber dressed in their special dressing. There is never anything left, regardless of whether we order a small or large portion :)

Then we experiment with the various rolls, staying away from the traditional, and go for ones the sushi chefs create.

Perhaps because we are there so often, the wait staff recognize us and and are quite friendly and attentive. It's a small place, but we like it just fine. This is a good neighborhood sushi restaurant...and we'll keep coming back.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Hidden in a strip mall was a delicious Japanese restaurant about 1 mi from the Oakland airport.

Very firm and fresh agedashi tofu (5-6 pcs) for 4.50 was delicious. California roll was great too and affordable (see their menu on their website). You can also request real crab for CA roll and the extra charge is about $0.50, but ask waiter before requesting crab.

Sushi dinner ($11.95) soup, mini salad, 6 pc sushi was a favorite from my group.
thick cut of fish and rice for sushi dinner (salmon) but 2nd time small portion of rice and thick fish.

Rice was perfect- nice and sticky.

Very friendly staff too! Restaurant is not loud so was able to have conversation.

No waiting in line!

Reviewed November 17, 2010

Unlike the other reviewer who only tried the Restaurant one time, I've been going there for about 1 1/2 to 2 years now (can't remember when they opened, but it was something like that) I have found them very friendly, and they make me generous portions of anything I order. They treat me as a long time friend and have my food ready when call in a order for take out. I can see it getting busy (I have seen it that way before, because it is a good restaurant, and many people like it) and I can only guess that the service might get a little slight at any restaurant when it's busy, and they don't have many people for everyone's demands right when they request it. Everyone has a off day. I can tell you that I've had witnessed more good then any possible off day for this restaurant. I enjoy this place and respect the owners. They work hard, and it shows. Just because one person didn't like it, doesn't mean that everyone is not going to like it. But I've gone there many, many times,
(I love any kind of sushi) Everyone has different experiences. Give it a couple of tries, you might be surprised.

Reviewed October 11, 2008

This place is an inexpensive local restaurant with generous portions of basic, Americanized Japanese food*. We've gone in large family groups (10+ people) a couple of times but didn't have the service problems that the other reviewer experienced. Indeed, we're planning to go there with a 7+ person group for dinner in a couple of days.

While it doesn't sound right to be ignored if your child spilled something, it is the kind of restaurant where you needn't be too self-conscious if your young child spills something, or is chatting loudly, either.

* Lots of sushi rolls with English nicknames, bento box combinations, tempura, donburi, teriyaki, etc.