“You must whisper!!!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Agoura Hills
Helotes, Texas
“You must whisper!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

I would just like to say, I NEVER write reviews but I had to make an exception.
I was VERY disappointed in my stay at this Sheraton! Our reservation was May 22 to May 26. We were there for a wedding and had a special room price, however, I will NEVER stay there again nor will I ever recommend this hotel to anyone.
First off, the rooms were very small, and the view was RIDICULOUS!! It was my first time in California and when I opened my shades all I saw was a cement wall and an air conditioner! The entire trip our shades were closed… I am paying $150 dollars a night and that was the view I got?! Not only was my room like this but 2 other family members as well. Rooms 245, 247, 255 (basically the whole side of the hotel)
Next, they ran out of champagne when the mother and father of the bride specifically asked them to over stock for the weekend. And to top it all off, the bartender was so smug about the whole situation. Ex. My sister and I arrived after everyone else and when we went to ask for a drink the bartender said “We. Are. Out. I already told your family” Ummm… Really?!
And another thing: My family, every night would go down to the bar area to mingle and the security would come and ask us to take our party somewhere else but wouldn't ask any other parties to leave. We said we would leave if they asked the others to do the same but they refused. Granted, we did provided our own drinks because the bar ran out of our preferred beverage, their excuse was “we were the only people being loud.” Excuse me but there were other parties going on in the bar every night, all with their own drinks, and when we all stopped talking, the other parties provided 80% of the noise. The security admitted that “the front desk just wanted us out” and “he knows that is wasn’t just us.”
On the last day, at about 3 pm, we went right back down to where we had been all the other nights to watch the Spurs game, and a different bartender strait up took our drinks as well as my aunt glass that she had brought from home! It wasn’t even their bar glass. They said that there was some “open container law” that was being violated. ON THE LAST NIGHT! Never once did they mention anything about that the other FOUR nights!
These people clearly had it out for us and the entire family was offended and disappointed! It isn’t about the champagne or the taking away of the drinks, it’s about the disrespect that the staff showed us. We were never out of control nor did we deserve the kind of service we were provided with.
And, for crying out loud, NO ONE should have to look at a cement wall!! Those rooms should be discounted or closed off completely!
Then only good think about this hotel was the insanely comfortable bed…. That took up 80% of the room. Other than that, I have nothing good to say about it.

Room Tip: Higher floors!!! No room 241-on (odds)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sheraton A, General Manager at Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Chelsea K,

I feel terrible regarding the experience you just described. Please call me when you have a moment so that we can discuss in more detail at the hotel. Thank you.

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ontario, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Was there for a quick getaway with my wife as we were headed to Malibu and Santa Monica, so this was in a fantastic location to get there with easy from. Room was a good size, although the ceilings were a bit low, so a little claustrophobic top to bottom.... clean, comfortable, great bed, and nice bar to have a drink/food... so a very nice stay.

Green Features: Nice policy if you are staying for more than a day...they offer points (if a starwood member) or certificates for food if you pass on housekeeping...really good idea to offer a bonus for this.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Markj4golf,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to getaway with your wife, and that you had a most enjoyable time with us. Yes, our beds are really comfortable and we hear that all the time with our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. Hopefully you will be able to getaway again sometime in the near future. We look forward to seeing you again!

Cheers,
Rossmoor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight while attending a nearby Bat Mitzvah. Best value of all nearby hotels. Nice, clean. Our room overlooked the parking lot on the first floor. Not to exciting, but met our needs well.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Tkt2fly2,

Thank you for the kind words on your response. It's great to hear that we met your needs during your recent trip. We look forward to hosting you again when you are in the area.

Irvine, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Even the suites are tiny. On site restaurant is down stairs is not great either. The morning breakfast is worth buying. I would recumbent adding breakfast. The bar is open till late in the night. There is a nice bar and restaurant in the strip mall across the street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Srinikan
Sheraton A, General Manager at Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Srinikan,

I hope we can have the opportunity in the future to convince to you that our hotel is better than OK. Hopefully you will give us another try so our staff can really make it up to you.

Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We spent two nights at this Sheraton for a little get-away from South OC. It was delightful! Close to Santa Barbara and wine country, but very quiet, and not too pricey. The bed was super comfy.
The food in the club lounge was very good, but it was not well supervised, and I saw people from other floors flood in and take out huge plates of food. Plus - at other Sheraton club floors we can order beer or wine. No such luck. In fact, there was not even an attendant most of the time.
The room was nice and spacious. Drawbacks... stain on the carpet and the bedside lamp did not work. This property is pet friendly, and we were able to bring our small dog - that was nice.

Room Tip: When visiting the club lounge - byob and sit on the balcony at sunset!!!!
Green Features: I appreciate being able to choose when the linens are changed.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Adelle I,

It sounds like you really enjoyed your getaway at our nice, quiet, and serene property. Thank you for the comments on our club lounge for we will definitely work on the club lounge so that it is a much better experience going forward. We will be going through a full room renovation soon so there will be a new, re-freshed room soon to come.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton Agoura Hills for a wedding the first weekend of April 2014. I was totally comfortable here. We had a first floor room that had a sliding glass door out to a little grassy area, where you could walk to the pool. I kind of enjoyed having that door open and getting some cool night air and listening to the fun pool chatter in the distance. Ordered room service for breakfast; bagel, fruit, extra crispy bacon...and it was SO FRICKIN' GOOD. I did not expect it to be that good but I gobbled it down. We had plenty of outlets by our bed (which was super comfortable as others have stated). I heard the breakfast buffet wasn't that great but I didn't go so I don't know. I thought the service was lovely and especially appreciated that they had a garment steamer last minute for my wrinkly bridesmaid's dress. That saved the day for me -- I don't know what I would have done if they didn't have it and didn't bring it to the room right away as we were running so late. Loved the free water. So cost effective overall. We'll be looking to stay here next time we are in the area!

Room Tip: ground level with a door out to the grass
Green Features: They gave us the option to save water on our towels, but we didn't take it. I never felt pressured.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank LilyCharlie30
Dear LilyCharlie30,

It sounds like you had a wonderful time at the wedding which is most important, and we are glad that we were able to accentuate the experience by providing a wonderful place to stay and dine! Yes, those first floor rooms with access to the outside are wonderful, aren't they? We hope you can come and visit us again in the near future.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

Stayed here for a business meeting. Spacious, clean, quiet and comfortable...and compared to what I feared I would have to spend, it was a very good value. This property is very convenient to Malibu though there is nothing adjacent to the property.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear thelivingjuj,

I am so happy to hear that your stay with us was a wonderful one! We would love to welcome you back in the future when you are in town, and thank you for the wonderful review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Agoura Hills
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
Westlake Village Inn
Westlake Village Inn
#3 of 4 in Westlake Village

Been to Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!