“Great hotel with great staff!”

Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Agoura Hills
Westlake Village, California, USA
“Great hotel with great staff!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a comfortable and clean hotel with a great staff. It's not a fancy hotel but it's new and the staff go out of their way to make your stay the best. We were on a mini vacation with our kids and Julie Moreno in the bar/restaurant area went out of her way to make the trip special for us and our kids. A star employee!
The hotel is close to the freeway off ramp (so convenient) but tucked away against the hill and incredibly quiet. The rooms are clean and include a microwave, refrigerator, and bar sink.
The full breakfast in the Starwood Lounge was also a treat!

Room Tip: Stay on the side facing the mountain (pool).
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Camarillo, California
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel has it all! They do have a restaurant that has great salads but if you don't always want to eat at same place, there are many other restaurants, with bars (if you need that little release after a long day) in the area that are within walking distance. Also, they are backed up to a hill so don't be surprised when walking around if you run into a deer scampering by. Very peaceful!

Westport, CT
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stayed here for two weeks for business this past month. The highlights: great front desk staff! They are mostly kids but really put themselves out for their guests. I had so many problems during my stay and the front desk always tried to be helpful and apologized for my many inconveniences. To be fair, I was there during a renovation of the lobby. This was, simply a disaster. Messy, dirty, inconvenient and it left the whole main floor of the hotels a mix of unusable to unbearable. I made the mistake of having dinner at the bar one night, it was like dust + dinner. Again, staff is nice, accommodations and management fairly deplorable.

After several days the construction neared completion, which was a huge relief. But something was always not working. There are two elevators, one was down for 24 hours at one point, creating huge "traffic jams" in the morning and afternoon going to and from your room. Internet service was the worst, most inconsistent I have ever seen! I didn't have any for the first week and I was too busy to spend the necessary half hour with tech support getting it to work. After I did this, I had to do it again a few days later to regain my internet. Needless to say both times it was due to glitches in the hardware and software of the system they use. Too much of my time was required to get services which should just work.

The rooms are on the small side and uncomfortable for even one person for more than one night. Housekeeping was OK, but one of my colleagues also staying at the hotel said his was poor.

Management at this hotel was totally invisible. I did not see anyone who either identified themselves as a manager nor did anyone attempt to reach out to me for the entire two weeks I was there, despite the numerous problems I had.

Another annoyance was that I was charged a random amount on my credit card after one week, without my permission, because I had "exceeded a thousand dollars on my stay". I've never seen this practice before. The randomness of the amount made it impossible for me to expense later, which led me on a long ride in their telephone system which finally yielded a very competent accountant who sent me a special detailed bill which I was able to expense.

So a very odd stay and ultimately unpleasant. Some staff was nice, management was invisible and I must conclude incompetent as there seemed like there were no procedures set in place to make this hotel run smoothly despite the best efforts of the staff.

I have to think there are better alternatives. I would not recommend staying at this hotel.

2 Thank justwarren
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Our photo shoot teams stay here on a regular basis and love the hotel. The staff, the sales office and everyone there, work to make our stays perfect. The beds are incredible and this is always mentioned by one of us, over Starbucks coffee in the lobby, before the day begins. Great night sleep, for our whole team. Plus the remodel is looking awesome.
Wes A.

California
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I cannot say enough about how wonderfull this property is, it is a great lesiure and corporate location, I have worked with numerous staff at this property and they have always delivered top rates service, in specfic Grace Landeta has always gone out of her way to deliver top service to my clients and also to myself, my clients are always gratefull and statisfied when they stay at this property. Great and friendly staff, and wonderfull food at the resteaurants also.

Agoura Hills, California
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We have had and continue to have meetings at the Sheraton and the entire staff is always extremely helpful to accomodate all of our needs. It has been recently beautifully remodeled and is an excellent venue to have a meeting or party. Highly recommend it.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I travel a lot for work and a found that a good bed is hard to find, but the slept wonderfully here. The staff was very friendly and I love the location. I went on my morning run through beautiful hiking trails. This was my first trip here and I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Agoura Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Calabasas
The Anza Hotel
The Anza Hotel
#1 of 3 in Calabasas

Been to Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!