“Not up to par”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Agoura Hills
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stay at Homewood Suites as often as possible when travelling and this one was way, way below standard. The rooms were very small: I could not swing my legs out of my side of the bed without hitting the air conditioner. The hotel staff did not seem to care. When checking in the room was at 84degrees: when we asked why we were told the air conditioner would cool off at a specific temperature when, in fact the air conditioner was not on at all even though we had reserved over a month previously They called to ask what they could do to improve on our situation: We told them and were told that the desk clerk would check with her manager. They never called back. . Food listed on the menu for dinner was not available. The kitchen equipment did not include enough plates, or any seving dishes. A genuinely unsatisfying stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Desiree W, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you were treated with an undesirable level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in Agoura Hills we would love to have you come back and experience a better level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills

Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed in a one bedroom for six nights. It was a good size for our family - the kids on the pullout couch in the living room, and us in the bedroom (king size bed). The bed was very comfortable! The room was very clean and felt newer than some of the hotels we had recently been in. The full size kitchen was nice, but a little on the small size - a bit cramped at dinner time. However, it was so nice to have a full size fridge.

The greatest thing about our stay was housekeeping. We were that annoying family who called about several problems... One morning, our toddler spilled a glass of water on the bed, and housekeeping was at our room within an hour with new linens. Another evening, our toddler spilled an entire bowl of rice on the carpet, and within minutes housekeeping was there with a vacuum and a broom - and the proceeded to clean up FOR us, even though we insisted on cleaning it ourselves. If we called for extra towels, they were brought up to us very quickly.

The hotel is in a great location. It is in the same parking lot as a small shopping center with a Trader Joes. It must be less than 20 feet from the hotel. We would go here daily to get food and milk - what a great convenience.

Great breakfast and evening reception food. It was never very crowded, which was nice.

My only complaints - and they are small ones: Would have been nice to have more tv channels... There were only about 20, and no kid friendly channels in the evenings. Would have liked more space to eat in the kitchen. Would have liked bigger bowls to cook with. Although, we did contact the front desk and they allowed us to come down to their kitchen and take whatever we needed!

Overall, a GREAT choice. If we ever do come back to this area, we would stay here again in a heartbeat!

1  Thank Angie55
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I was back once again (was here last July 2010) and it did not disappoint. Did recommend this hotel to other family members and all had a good experience. With a family of 6 it was ideal for us to have a suite and this hotel is more than adaquate. Also, we didn't want to stay within LA as we enjoy a little peace away from the rat race atmosphere. Malibu and Santa Monica was only about 20 minutes away depending on traffic (quicker if you go through Kanan for Zuma Beach). For a true suite stay (with a separate living space) with a full kitchen this is the place to be with your family. Will be back when we're in LA. Excellent stay and value.

1  Thank gojadego
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Only stayed here for the last night of our drive from SF to LA. If we'd know before how good it is, we would have stayed for more.

Check in very quick and efficient. Room was big with all mod cons, including a kitchen & sitting area. As we stayed during the working week, there was a complimentary evening dinner. It was fairly basic and hardly 3* Micelin quality, but was more than enough after a long day on the road (and supporting the wife's shopping habit at the outlet mall!!!). Even had free beer on tap!!

We were in a room at the back of the hotel, so no view - just a rock face to look at. However, this resulted in a very quiet and peaceful night.

Would definitely consider using again if back in the area.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Agoura Hills and we had a very pleasant stay. Since we are a family of 5 - 2 adults, 1 teenager and 2 tweens, we often find it hard to find accomodations in a single. We booked the 2 bedroom suite and it was perfect. All of the kids had their own bed and we (parents) had the privacy of our own room and bathroom. The hotel is in a good location and a bit out from downtown LA - personally, I liked that very much as you don't have the congestion and stress of being in the center of LA. That said, we were close enough to all of the main attractions and it took us abou 30 mins. to get to Universal Studios (no problem). We were also very close to the Malibu beaches (absolutely gorgeous). The breakfast was good, pool was fine and the hotel is within walking distance to a number of restaurants. All in all, we were very satisfied and will be planning future trips to this hotel when heading to the LA area. Highly recommend it.

1  Thank TripNavigator
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I'm writing this review while I'm still in the Hotel. First I want to say that I love to book in advance cause I don't want to have surprises when I'm on holiday with the family (we are 4). But this time I had a bad Easter egg when I checked in yesterday. I had a double queens suite booking (advance purchased made last April) but a young clerk told me they had a problem of overbooking and offered two king with sofa bed rooms instead. But I refused the offer cause we wanted to stay together and not to part and got only one of the two room. Besides the rooms weren't too close to each other. The room is not big enough and wasn't provided with linen for the sofa bed so I had to ask for it. They said that the morning after my original room would be available, but, again, it isn't. Today they said to check tomorow that will be my last day.....This is not the first time I spend holidays in Homewood Suites around USA but this is the very first time that something like that happen to us. I'm veri disappointed because we paid for something we didn't get back.....Never more here next time around LA.

2  Thank CarloLivorno
Desiree W, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at the Homewood Suites Agoura Hills. On behalf of the Homewood Suites Agoura Hills, I would like to I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reserved room type. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us or because of an issue with the room itself. Unfortunatley, the room type you had reserved was placed out of order due to the door lock not functioning properly. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to Agoura Hills you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at Homewood Suites with my wife on the final night of an extensive tour of North America.

The hotel is very easy to locate being just of Highway 101 at Agoura Hills. The accomodation is bright and modern with very good and free car parking provided.

There are laundry facilities on the premises with a payment operated washing / drying machine.

The room itself was a suite comprising a kitchen / dining / sitting area and a separate large bedroom with en-suite bathroon. There is a separate TV in each room.

All aspects of the accomodation were extremely confortable and there was no dscernable traffic noise from the highway - all contributing to a very comfortable night sleep.

The only slight inonvenience was the breakfast facilities. The main problem was that there was not enough seating area provided. This did mean a queue to get a seat for breakfast.

Overall however, an excellent place to stay and outstanding value for money.

Very happy to recommend

Malibu
Malibu Beach Inn
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 6 in Malibu

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills? Share your experiences!