“Good Hotel for a pleasant stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Agoura Hills
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Agoura Hills for 3 nights in 2010.
The hotel was very good at many levels. The suite was clean, big, with a living room, a kitchen and a bedroon. The staff was very friendly and the hot breakfast was perfect (included in the price, like the dinner).
The hotel is conveniently located with the Ventura Freeway on its doorstep (ask for a room in the rear if you don't like noise!).
The area is quiet with a few restaurants and supermarket nearby.
Agoura Hills felt very safe and every door in the complex requires a room key card which provides outstanding security.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the rear
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills

Reviewed June 17, 2011

The property appears to be decent. We recently visited Malibu to attend a family wedding. I had a reservation along with the rest of the wedding party. Since the wedding was in LA, we went directly to the reception. After the affair was over, the entire wedding party went back to the hotel, checking in around mid-night. The head clerk informed me that they had overbooked and I had no room even though I had a reservation. I'm not sure how or why this happens, suffice it to say that when you are tired and expect to fall into bed around mid-night, the last thing you want to be told is that there are no rooms.
They stated that they had tried to reach me, however, I checked my cell phone and I had no missed calls or message. They were able to find a hotel room and they did pay for it. They did at least try to make some good out of a very bad situation. I guess I expected much more from a Hilton flagged hotel. As I write, I am pulling out my Hilton Honors card so that I can cut it up into pieces.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Louieg63
Reviewed June 10, 2011

We stayed here in April 2011 & stayed in one of the bigger suites as we have 3 children. The accomodation could have not have been nicer. Beds were comfortable, en-suites spacious & clean & the kitchen & living area all contributed to a feeling of "home from home".
The staff could not have been more accomodating. The breakfast was basic but more than adequate as was the evening meal which was served Mon to Thur.
The hotel arranged for their mini bus to take us to a local restaurant, the Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill where we had a lovely meal, again service (considering there were 22 in our group!) was fautless.
Overall, I was extremely pleased with Homewood Suites & would stay there again should we ever re-visit LA.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2011

The Homewood Suites is a newer hotel, and is clean and in a great location. We stayed there about a year and a half ago, and when we arrived this time, were pleasantly surprised to see a brand new Trader Joes just steps away from the hotel. That was perfect for a quick snack or grab and go meal. The rooms are just right for families, with plenty of space in the suite and a kitchen which is especially handy with a baby (washing out bottles, keeping food in the fridge, etc.). The complimentary breakfast offers more than most hotels, and the staff is very friendly. We will be back again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2011

When I reserved this hotel I requested a quiet room on a high floor. I was given a room on the 2d floor that had the unfortunate luck of a family above with children running and jumping and making the walls of my room rumble. We asked for a room on the top floor to avoid this and were told they were sold out. So the only room they had was across the hall - which looked out over highway 101, very noisy! So here we are sleeping with nonstop traffic noise which was better than kids jumping and running on top of us. I would steer clear of this place if you are using a hotel for a quiet night's sleep.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank kjf666
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Location and value excellent for a wedding we were attending.
Clean rooms, nice staff, very good breakfast.
Only one cup for coffee in room and no drinking glasses. This was easily remedied by going to the front desk to get more, but they should have been in the room.
We booked a king suite with fold out couch as we had our daughter staying with us.
Since we let her have the living room/kitchen, we were confined to using our room for suit cases. We found the room small for this. Though there was a closet for clothes, there was really only room for one suite case and there was just enough room to get around the bed, with no spare room for the second suite case.
If you were just using the room for one couple, it would have been more than adequate.
Still, this is a nice clean hotel, with a pool and a nice area to eat a very good breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We spent 6 nights at this Homewood Suites and had a great stay. We were in the area for sightseeing and this hotel is central to most of what we wanted to see. We did have a problem with the bathroom stool not working when we first arrived but as soon as they figured out it couldn't be fixed right away they moved us to a different suite. The rooms are large and have everything one needs for an extended stay. The grounds, courtyard, pool area etc are very well cared for. Every door in the complex requires a room key card which provides outstanding security. The breakfast and light dinner were both very good with something different each day (the dinner was served Monday thru Thursday but breakfast 7 days a week). Everyone on the staff I dealt with were outstanding; all very helpful. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel when in the LA area.

Room Tip: Book Early!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Malibu
Malibu Beach Inn
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 6 in Malibu

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills? Share your experiences!