“Great suite hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Agoura Hills
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great suite hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

We spent 6 nights at this Homewood Suites and had a great stay. We were in the area for sightseeing and this hotel is central to most of what we wanted to see. We did have a problem with the bathroom stool not working when we first arrived but as soon as they figured out it couldn't be fixed right away they moved us to a different suite. The rooms are large and have everything one needs for an extended stay. The grounds, courtyard, pool area etc are very well cared for. Every door in the complex requires a room key card which provides outstanding security. The breakfast and light dinner were both very good with something different each day (the dinner was served Monday thru Thursday but breakfast 7 days a week). Everyone on the staff I dealt with were outstanding; all very helpful. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel when in the LA area.

Room Tip: Book Early!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
So Cal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

The thing that separates a good hotel from a great hotel is service, and how they handle issues that may arise.

A reservation issue arose during my check-in where the hotel was overbooked and they tried to reach me while I was traveling, via email, so I didn’t get their message. This could have been a real disaster, since I was traveling with a sports team and my daughter didn’t want to be at a different hotel from the rest of the team. The hotel manager and front desk came up with a solution (without me asking) that was not only very generous, but also left me with the impression that this hotel really cared.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Free breakfast, nice beds, roomy, great location, and Trader Joe's next door for needed food/drink supplies

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

I spent a lot of hours researching a hotel for LA. We opted for Hilton Homewood suites because of the tripadvisor rating, the size of the suites as we have two teenagers of 18 & 15, the free parking and the free breakfast. We were not disappointed, the hotel staff were excellent. We booked the free shuttle to a local restaurant and the manager kept it running late in order to pick us up as we had not been informed that it finished at 9.45pm. The breakfast was lovely, very fresh and varied. The free evening meal was an added bonus and we managed to take advantage of this twice. Free wine...never! but it was. We used the hotel pool and gym and both were very good. If I am ever back in LA it would be my first choice. I was initially concerned about the driving distances to various places that we wished to visit but this was unfounded. Universal Studios was 25 mins away and although the roads were busy, traffic was always on the move. Agoura Hills felt very safe.

herts uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

Spent three nights at this hotel at the end of a vaction. We wanted to be close to LA and the beaches but not in LA.
The Mailbu beaches took about 15 minutes. We managed LAX on a Sunday lunch time in 35 minutes, but traffic was very light.
The area is quiet with a few restaurants nearby. A couple within a few minutes walk. Trader Joes was closer that the reception for food, snacks and drink. We arrived on a Thursday . The comp food was fried checken and mash. Beer and wine also complimentary.
Breakfast was warm and well stocked.

The Reagan museum was very interesting with excellent exhibits. The car park there was full so we had to park on the entrance road.
The was a good shopping mall at Thousand Oaks. Enough choice for bargain hungry Brits. Most of the stores had 40 % off including Holister and A & F . There was also a Premium outlets nearby.

We got a good deal , two nights for the price of three, so it worked out less than $100 per night.
I did not find the bed that comfortable and I am not too picky. There was some noise from the freeway but that is to be expected at that location.

Travelling with a family I do seek out Residence Inn, Staybridge and the like. This was my first stay at a Homewood. I was impressed and I would stay again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: re check the rate frequently as It may drop
Great Neck, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

Pros:
-Clean, attractive facility.
-The nicely appointed room is a suite with a kitchen, with flat screen TVs in the living room and the bedroom.
-Free, hot breakfast daily.
-Free dinner, Monday through Thursday evenings (with wine and beer)!
-Courteous, helpful staff.
-Outdoor pool.
-Conveniently located with Ventura Freeway on its doorstep.
-Located in the lovely rolling Agoura Hills.
-Reasonable rates with special offers available

Cons:
-At approximately 18 miles outside of the city, not the most conveniently located hotel for visiting Los Angeles.
-The Ventura Freeway is on its doorstep.
-Our shower had low water pressure.

Room Tip: We like an upper floor room in the rear.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and everything was functional, as you should be able to expect from a Hilton brand. The rates were reasonable and the breakfast was a great way to start the day. The room was sized to hold my family of 7, which isn't easy to find. It was a little far from our Universal Studios destination but the price and amenities made it well worth while. Travel time at 9:00 am and 7:00 pm was about 35 - 40 minutes. A trip to Malibu beach and then to Santa Monica pier along the PCH was a highlight. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

We stayed in this motel when we visited Southern California. We have three children and were very happy with the kitchen. We loved the apartment feel of the room! Breakfast was great! We will go back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Malibu
Malibu Beach Inn
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 5 in Malibu

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills? Share your experiences!