“Less for More All The Time”

Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill
Ranked #2 of 100 Restaurants in Agoura Hills
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dine-in at our Agoura Hills Restaurant Recognized for Superb Food at Moderate Prices Wood Ranch's Agoura Hills Restaurant is famous for highly praised, savory signature dishes such as: Premium Baby Back Pork Ribs, Certified Angus Beef(C) (steaks, prime rib, and burgers), USDA Choice (tri-tip, fresh fish, chicken), a nationally-recognized Kids' Menu, a broad selection of beautifully presented salads, and homemade desserts.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Glad to see new menu choices and food is still good. However every time I go here I am keenly aware of higher prices and less portions. Wood Ranch started out as a restaurant known for great large qty BBQ meals....could always ensure a doggy bag was in your future. Now $43 dollars for two lunch special meals consisting of a dinner salad, a small handful of fries and 2 two inch round sliders ..... Ouch! I don't know many people who can afford 43 dollars for lunch every day. While food is higher I understand, this is ridiculous.

1  Thank Patricia M

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife and I split a beer - blackhawk hefeweizen and the Brisket Burger 2.0. Everything was good - service, food, and atmosphere. Definitely go there again.

We went at 3pm during the slow period so maybe the service would be better/worse if we went during peak hours. No reservations though :(

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food here is outstanding, eat in, or take-out. It can be on the noisy side, and the seating is not very comfortable,especially for more than four people

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have been coming to this location for years but stopped going a few months ago. I have taken family, co workers, and sometimes just by myself. The last five visits, I had to send my steaks or burgers back because they were either cooked incorrectly or were so fat filled, there was little meat to enjoy the steak. The excuse is always, you should try the other cut, it's better. Then why serve a strip cut if it's bad and charge $25? If it's cooked well and a nice cut, the steak isn't bad.
One time I brought co workers and I had to send the burger back twice. I guess Medium is an obscure temperature to cook meat. Don't waste your time, I certainly don't.

1  Thank Bubble_Toes75
Reviewed February 6, 2014

On first entering it seems like any old bbq joint that you go to for your bbq OK fix. This place is great! Huge menu. I took a walk around and glanced at what people were eating and it all looked wonderful. I settled on the combo platter and chose ribs and bbq chicken. The chicken was out of this world. Great flavor and super moist. The sides were yummy as well. My other half ordered a burger and I wasn't offered a bite, which usually happens, so you know it had to be good. My daughter ordered a combo with tri-tip, chicken and brisket I think. So much she took most of it home. It was all very good. Ask for Rachel.....a sweetheart of a waitress!