“Hotel Review”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Agoura Hills
A TripAdvisor Member
“Hotel Review”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Great place to stay. We went to a concert at The Canyon Club in Agoura. I enjoyed everything about this place and the concert. I look forward to another concert there and another night or two at this hotel. Good breakfast, hearty, healthy and great coffee.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lautoka, Fiji
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great service and product. There is no one at concierge though, so we had to lug our own bags from the car to check in and to our rooms. Everything else about this hotel and it's services was great- cannot fault anything else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Arouga Hills, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great hotel with a beautiful view. The amenities are spectacular and the hotel looks brand new, completely spotless. The staff was also very friendly. I appreciated the free breakfast and great snacks provided during the evening. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Edmonds, Washington
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn Suites, Agoura Hills for years. The staff at the front desk are always very cordial and nice. The rooms are basic, clean, comfortable, and nice. A couple of suggestions . . .the back side of the hotel is much quieter than the front that faces the highway noise. Breakfast is OK . . . fills the stomach til early lunch. Not gourmet by all means. One area I think the hotel could improve is the warm food. But one can always get by w yogurt and fresh fruit. The King room that is near the stairwell is VERY roomy. Enough room for the pull out bed and they have roll away beds too!! We generally stay here w our two children, boy and girl. No sharing a bed w them at all. So the roll away bed is great!! The pool is frequently shaded so not that appealing. I have also seen it dirty. The hot tub is great. Easy access to the freeway and some walking in the nearby area too.

Room Tip: the side away from the freeway!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Henderson, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I chose this facility as I am a Diamond Member of HHonors and I had business in the Oxnard/Thousand Oaks area. I normally stay at DoubleTree/Hilton/Embassy Suites, but didn't want to go out of the way to stay at the Mandalay Bay resort, so I considered the Hampton options in Oxnard, Camarillo and Thousand Oaks. I chose Agoura Hills since it is literally right off the freeway but sheltered from the noise by trees. I eliminated Camarillo and Oxnard as they are over the hill and my last appointments were in T.O. The T.O. location indicated a lot of construction so I chose Agoura Hills since that is in a very nice area. I arrived very early (10am) and stopped by the desk to see if there was a possibility of checking in early. Unfortunately, no rooms were available, so I camped out in their breakfast/lounge area to catch up on some work. Dana at the front desk was very accommodating and worked hard to get my room completed as early as possible. After about only an hour or so, my room was ready and I checked in. This location has plenty of parking surrounding the facility and the room was clean and comfortable. The only qualm I have (and I have this with all Hampton Inns) is the quality of their breakfast, particularly the eggs. They are clearly dried/boxed eggs with no flavor. Coffee was good, though, and that's what really matters for me! Overall, I very nice facility, friendly staff and perfectly located for Ventura County business. I highly recommend and will likely stay again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Glendora, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I really enjoyed the appearance and breakfast bar. The front desk was friendly and caring to my needs. Associates were considerate and accommodating to my needs. Will stay again if needed too. I give it two thumbs up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Spotsylvania, Virginia
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This building is probably the nicest Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in. But a building does not a hotel make. The staff is a bit less than welcoming or friendly. I am from the South, so this might be a regional difference. But these people struck me as frosty. On the other hand, the place is very attractive and well-landscaped, sort of Frank Lloyd Wright meets Southern California. The rooms were relatively large and well-decorated, and the fitness center was above average for a Hampton Inn. I agree with the earlier reviewer that the bed is quite comfortable. There is a great restaurant, Grissini, in a strip mall a short walk away. There is a sidewalk which allows for a great stroll past the Conrad Hilton Foundation. The place is expensive. I think I paid around $135.00 per night (government rate), a bit steep for a Hampton Inn, even in suburban Los Angeles. By contrast, last weekend I paid $62.00 a night (government rate), for a room in a Doubletree in suburban Atlanta. Not a bad spot at all, but the place needs to hire people who understand that being hospitable is why they call it the "hospitality" industry. Maybe the rates are "market", but I would have expected a place with Hilton Garden Inn amenities for this price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hilton Garden Inn Calabasas
Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
#3 of 3 in Calabasas

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Agoura Hills? Share your experiences!