“Big menu - great choices”

Jinky's Agoura Hills
Ranked #5 of 100 Restaurants in Agoura Hills
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stopped by Jinkys for dinner on a Saturday night. Looked at the menu and was blown away by the variety of items. Salads, sandwiches, and breakfast served all day. But what made me smile was the homemade chili. They have like 40 different chilis, but only 5 were available the night we were there. Each has a spicy rating of 1 - 10. I had a Himalayan beef that was an 8. Yes, it was spicy, but not so hot you couldn't eat it, just hot enough yo make your nose run! It was unusual, made with Indian specs and what tasted like cinnamon. Sooo good!! I ordered the half sandwich and chili combo. My Indian chili tasted great with a caprese sandwich. Can't wait to go back and see what's on the chili menu next. Maybe I'll go there for brunch and try a breakfast item instead. Jinkys is a great choice.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I shop at the Trader Joe's right next door to this restaurant, and I generally stare at it and wonder how tasty it is. Answer: unexpectedly amazing! I went for breakfast, and it was delicious.

First, service: We went on a Sunday morning and it was surprisingly busy. I think we waited outside for about 15-20 minutes before they finally seated us, but they also refused to seat us until most of our party was there, so I can't say for sure how long the wait was once we all showed up.

Second, the food was very good. My mom got red velvet pancakes that were very cakey with a marscapone cream cheese topping. It was spectacular. They have a huge breakfast menu, so anyone can find something they like. Omelets, crepes (savory or sweet), skillets, pancakes, etc. They also had pretty good tea and breakfast cocktails.

It's a very family-friendly sort of atmosphere. We sat outside, and the walkway was a little crowded, but of course you don't notice that unless you're coming in or going out. The service was a little slow, like I mentioned before, but it was also pretty busy when we were there. Overall, I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We love Jinky's and go often. We love to sit outside and look at Ladyface mountain and enjoy the Agoura creek running by the side of the restaurant (a little loud inside when busy due to lots of hard surfaces). Jinky's is a neighborhood gem.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

....enough said, can't go wrong here all the way around...truly enjoyable and plenty of seating for everyone.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I've been to the Agoura location a couple of times, and plan on eating there again. They have 5 special versions of chili each day, along with the standard restaurant menu. I've tried a sample of most of the chili's. They are all good. I also had a steak there, and it was good also. The only negative thing about the restaurant - there were a couple of pesky flies near the windows. I guess summer time brings those critters around.