“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was the third visit for me at Hugo's and each time I go, I wish I went more often. This restaurant is excellent in so many ways. Nice setting inside, expansive menu, lots of options for everyone in your group to include vegetarian, healthy eaters and the meat lovers. Yesterday I had the Cuban sandwich and tomato soup. Flavorful, excellent value for money. Service was good and I shall return soon.
A good place for a business lunch or dinner, but also nice for a couple or meeting with friends. It's situated next to The Canyon Club, so an ideal venue before going to a concert.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Pulled off highway right after landing at LAX and heading North. Wife is vegetarian and blown away by healthy options- loved mungo bean quesadilla with goat cheese. I tried their version of shepherds pie and have to say one of the finest healthy takes on that dish I've ever experienced. House iced tea best either of us have ever had. Breakfast served all day big hit with my 4 year old and super kid friendly. We sat outside in lovely shaded tropical water garden. This place rocks!

1  Thank markliving
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I love the salads at this place. The food is very good as my family has eaten other things on the menu so, I've tasted them. But, I always end up getting one of the salads on the menu since they're one of my favorite things to order if a restaurant has good ones. Try their Beet and Quinoa salad- it's delicious! What's nice is that they offer vegetarian and also gluten-free items for those who would like those options. They also offer seasonal specials and everything is very fresh.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very tiny portions. I'm a small eater but their sizes were ridiculously small. My omelet was $18. The waitress said it came with fruit. Get this half a TINY strawberry and an anorexic sliver of a half orange slice. One piece of bread and 15 tiny potato squares with it. Surely if you are dieting this is the place for you. The food would be 4-5 stars if they gave you a medium sized medium portion. Tiny dessert, less than a 2 inch by 2 inch square of cake for $8.

1  Thank Motherof200
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had a lovely lunch at Hugo's. My husband and I ordered the grilled cheese on multigrain bread. It was so special because able to choose 2 different type of cheese (selected goat and mozarella and two additional vegetables for sandwich ( picked avocado and tomato. It also included side of french fries or salad). The french fries were hot and crispy and a little spicy just perfect.
We shared the sandwich because we had the chocolate moussse dessert with a lot of real whipped cream and little cookies on top. Just fabulous rich chocolate. They also had many organic teas. I really enjoyed my rooibos africana served in a huge cup.