“Great place to eat all day long”
Review of Hugo's

Hugo's
Ranked #7 of 100 Restaurants in Agoura Hills
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2012

It is one of my local hangouts now. I go with my family, my husband for a relaxed date night, happy hour and take my gals group along too. The first couple of visits were a little shaky as the servers were learning the menu but they are all well versed now and can make some good recommendations.
If you are a tea aficionado this is the place to be - white needle is our favourite. All come in a detasse with a free refill. Vegans, vegetarians, and carnivores are all catered for. The main message is HEALTHY food. You can swap ingredients around and make your own concoctions so if you have a restricted diet for any reason this is your place. I love the Red Pozole with eggs for brunch with a little hot sauce kick to brighten it up....yummy! Yes, there are bright green shakes and tofu but you don't have to order them, you can get great bacon and pancakes instead. The pancakes are our favourite as they have such a great texture and they can throw carob/choc chips in if you ask nicely ;)
Easy parking at the Whizz In Centre and a modern, natural looking decor add to ambience of a solid local restaurant. Pick a booth or a table on the sunny patio. No more schlepping to WLV to find something healthy and not Italian. Plus it is healthier than the Agoura Deli and no TV blaring in the background.

Oh and don't miss the fantastic portraits hanging on the walls - they are amazing. Most are located in the hallway to the restrooms.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

The best selection for a vegaterion, or Vegan, Too many things to list but on several visits
always great food. Service is also great, but on last trip we were not that happy with our sever. Can't win every time.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

This was my first visit to Hugo's and it won't be my last. I read reviews, then purchased a Groupon. I like to try out restaurants with less financial risk. This Groupon required me to go for breakfast or lunch. I tried going one evening, and it was so crowded we went somewhere else, but I was anxious to return for lunch. This is a great restaurant that you can go to every week--maybe some people go every day! The food is good, clean food. Many menu items can be prepared Vegan, Vegetarian, or Gluten Free. The food arrived hot, the steak was cooked true medium rare, the salad was not overdressed. The steamed broccoli was perfectly cooked. The Lamb Stew was really hot and tasty. There are so many menu options that you can mix and match (they have a Choose 5 and a Choose 3 menu option), so you can really get just what you feel like eating--or happily live within dietary restrictions. And the menu is designed to offer you many options, with an attitude of "that's what we are here for." The server actually said that phrase to me. Prices are moderate, and service is attentive but not too chummy (thank you). I didn't try the desserts, but was definitely tempted. Next time I will save room! This is not a Michelin-starred restaurant, but it is a restaurant that I could go to many many more times than I would a "fancy" one. My ratings on the 1-5 scale reflect a rating of quality within the price range and restaurant type. I will certainly be going back!

1  Thank playquartets
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Hugo's is a hit. It's crowded, so at peak times have a reservation. Charming servers. Delicious food. Casual enough for families, but upscale enough for couples.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

My son is allergic to milk, eggs, wheat, fish and nuts and therefore it is really difficult to find a restaurant that has something on the menu he can eat. We have been to Hugo's 3 times now and each time the servers were very helpful when I mentioned his allergies. My son always gets the kid's hamburger with gluten free flat bread and daiya cheese on it. They don't serve any fried fish so I don't have to worry about cross contamination in the french fry frier (as an fyi they use corn oil to fry the fries). The portions are really big(even the kids menu). They also appear to have just started a happy hour from 4-6 M-F with some drink and appetizer specials. Great place and we will definately be back.