“Great Comedy Show”
Review of The Canyon Club

The Canyon Club
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Agoura
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We saw Craig Shoemaker here and had excellent seats. He was so funny we cried for over 2 hours straight! Dinner was nothing special as I was warned on other reviews. Would gladly pay a little more to have better food, but....? Two dinners and drinks and for two were with tip about $125. Would return for musical entertainment. Would love to eat elsewhere, but since this was our first time and I was surprising my boyfriend for his birthday I wanted to make sure we had seats as we don't like standing for hours. Might be different if musical band/dancing. After show we went across the street for Gelato!

2  Thank Barbara W
in 13 reviews
"audience"
"artists"

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My wife and I attended the Lucinda Williams concert and Lucinda was fantastic! She is in a class by herself as a performer and song writer. We were attending the Canyon Club for the first time, having bought tickets online through Ticketmaster. The employees at the Canyon Club were all friendly and helpful. The sound was good as was the bar service, two separate bars. I did not like the seating/floor arrangement for watching the show. All the seating seemed to be at the sides of the stage area, except for a few dinner tables right up front. We were told to get to the venue by 6pm to get our pick of seats in the "Gold Circle" section for a 9pm start time. (The opening act came on at 8pm) We got pretty good unobstructed views from the seats we picked, but others had poles in their way, their seats turned away from the stage (where they had to turn their seats around after their meal) and other seats partially blocked by the open area right in front center of the stage reserved for people to stand and watch. All quite strange to me. Although we did not eat dinner at the Club, they seemed to have a decent enough menu including steak and lasagna. The food looked okay. Great show by Lucinda, but average, at best, viewing area for the so-called expensive seats.

3  Thank ZumaDawg
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Nothing but Good People Run this Place Lance,Jen,Michell,Michael,Ed,Sarah, I am a bit bisaed as My Cousins work here and do a fine job but they have some of the best Bands and a Beautiful,Comfortable Club really enjoy it every Time I come

2  Thank alwizard2004
Reviewed July 26, 2013

OK folks - ya wanna hear live music close to Agoura, GO AND ENJOY.....if you want food/dinner/drinks at a table via a server - GO TO A RESTAURANT. I'M JUST SAYING - IT SAYS CLUB RIGHT THERE IN THE NAME!!!

Vibe and sounds - great
Food and service at table - sux
(live and learn)

Absolutely going back for live music....

2  Thank CampKaos