“Overall, we were pleased.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Arkadelphia
Texas
“Overall, we were pleased.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

We stayed here two nights as a base for a motorcycle trip to and around Hot Springs. This is not a new hotel, but our room was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The remote for the tv was missing batteries, which turned out to be a challenge for the hotel and our room key did not work the second night. I forgave the mistakes since they let me leave my bike under the drive-up area. There are dark areas around the hotel at night. While we never felt unsafe, it did make us pay close attention to our surroundings at all times. For the money paid, this was a good choice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jbooth2099

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Charlottesville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

I booked this hotel thru Priceline for July 5, 2010. I arrived and checked in. The desk employee said the phones were not working and hadn't been since lightning knocked them out a week earlier. Went to the room and it was a wreck, totally unmade. I glanced in the bathroom and there was blood dripped over about 1/4 of the tub! Couldn't call the front desk due to non working phone. Walked back to the front (105degree heat) and there was no one at the desk. I waited fifteen minutes. Other guests were waiting with problems in their rooms too. My kids were still outside in the heat. I opted to find another place and call Priceline. Neither Priceline or Quality Inn will refund my money!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Ruckie
St. Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2010

I've stayed here a few times while in Arkadelphia on business. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Hopefully I'll make it back during the summer months to try out the pool!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Livingston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2009

Pretty decent value! Close to Waffle House! Reasonably quiet! NO FRILLS. had a mini fridge and microwave for under $55.00 a night! We ended up here after being tricked and trapped by the Hampton Inn Reservation Staff. Quality saved the day!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Bastrop, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

When we go to Lake Degray we like to stay at the Quality Inn. It is very close to Lake Degray, good eating places and gas stations. It is also only a hop and skip away from Hot Springs. The hotel is hard to beat for the money. A place to park your boat, clean cool room, nice pool, continental breakfast and wireless internet service. After a long day on the lake and in the sun the Quality Inn suites us just fine.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

I booked this hotel through Priceline.com and the hotel accepted my bid price. The Priceline website states that "although no particular type of room is guaranteed, they encourage their hotels to provide customers with a non-smoking room if it is available". Well, I arrived at this hotel and was told that I had been placed in a smoking room. Since I don't smoke, I asked if there was a non-smoking room available and originally I was told no. Then the front desk clerk changed his mind and said that he could get me in a non-smoking room for $7 extra dollars. Then the manager came to the front desk and argued with the desk clerk in front of me and then told me that he would have to charge me an extra $10 dollars for a non-smoking room. I have booked many hotels through Priceline and normally if a nonsmoking room is available when I arrive onsite, the hotel will put guests in there for no additional charge. The management at this hotel was terrible and rude, demanding an extra $10 to put me in the nonsmoking room after they had accepted my bid price and the room was booked on Priceline. This hotel is scamming people who book rooms through sites like Priceline. I have alerted Priceline as to what this hotel is doing. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Waco, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2008

The Quality Inn looks nice enough on the outside, but when you get to your room, it's like someone slapped the motel sign on an old Motel 6. We've should've walked away when he told us that all the rooms with two beds only had DOUBLE beds. What kind of motel chain does that? If we wanted anything bigger, the room only had one bed. We had a screaming baby and a 5 year old in the car and had already been turned away from one hotel because they were out of cribs. The room was tiny, and bathroom and shower were what I would expect from a Motel 6. Not worth the $70 plus that we spent. I would never recommend this motel to anyone.

Stayed December 2007