“Very clean and pleasant”

Hampton Inn Arkadelphia
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Arkadelphia
Houston, Texas
“Very clean and pleasant”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was a very clean and comfortable place to stay. The beds were comfortable, there were plenty of soft towels and shampoo,etc. There was a coffeemaker, fridge, and microwave in the room. There were several restaurants in the area, but we ate at the Cracker Barrel which was excellent. This was a very nice,quiet place to stay. We were very happy with everything.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank h p
Anna A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Arkadelphia, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you at Hampton Inn Arkadelphia again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is a nice Hampton Inn in a rather boring town. This was a HHonors stay. Check in was easy, staff was very nice. Room was clean, as was the pool area. A little noisy at times, but familes with kids are noisy (including us). Water was warm. kids loved it. We didn't care for the dining choices near the hotel, so we ventured into town for the Pizza Hut. There just isn't much to see or do near the hotel, but it was fine for an overnight stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Perhaps the new restaurant next door, The Mirage, will be open before your next trip to our quiet little town and give you one more option for dining while in our area! We hope to see you again soon!
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Nice Hampton. Great Staff. Carpet in room needed replaced but beyond that the regular what I expect Hampton. They do not have the store option, but a very good Mexican Resteraunt right next door. The breakfast was different. Scrambled eggs and Smoked Sausage.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We do have some additional rooms scheduled for carpets to be replaced soon and I'm sorry we didn't already have the one done in your room before your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
HoustonTrav
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stopped at the Hampton in Arkadelphia after a long drive. We arrived after 10 pm. We were greeted warmly by the night clerk who efficiently gave us the best rate possible. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable and the hotel quiet. We had an early breakfast in the lobby that was a good start. The staff was helpful with our questions and needs. Recommend this as a good stop between Texarkana and Little Rock.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We're glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to share your review of Hampton Inn Arkadelphia. We hope to see you again on your next trip through our area.
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Enroute to Subiaco, Ar. From Corpus Christi, Tx. I stopped at the Hampton Inn off I-30 in Texarkana, Tx. I was told they were sold out as we're other hotels in the area (Business Conventions). The hotel Clerk called ahead to the Hampton in Arkadelpia and helped me make a reservation. I ended up with a blowout and was too tired to proceed. I made other arrangements at a Holiday Inn Express that had only two rooms available. I called the Hampton in Arkadelpia and asked to cancel my reservation. To my dismay if a reservation is made after 6:00pm you are unable to cancel. Hotel policy! As per the hotel clerk. The clerk (Ryan) amazed me by stating that since I had just made the reservation minutes ago he would allow me to cancel. This is the reason my first choice in hotels while traveling are always Hampton Inns. This clerk could have easily said, "Sorry sir I am not allowed to cancel your reservation" and left it at that. The fact that he went out of his way to help a customer says a lot of the type of personnel Hampton Inns employ! Kudos to Ryan and the Hampton Inns state wide.

Edmund J. Saldivar

Room Tip: Make reservations ahead of time?
2 Thank Edmund J S
Anna A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Arkadelphia, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We recognize that sometimes "policy" can get in the way of meeting the needs of a guest. We have policies as guidelines for our guests and our staff, but we make exceptions when we can such as Ryan did in your situation because we know that things don't always go as planned. We're sorry that you couldn't stay with us this time, but we certainly understand, and we hope to see you soon.
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Very nice breakfast bar. Great shower, no tub. No military discount on king size room. Very good value. TexMex restaurant next door is good too.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Arkadelphia, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Hello LesCrabby,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Arkadelphia and for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, but I think perhaps we made a mistake regarding a military discount. While we do not offer all room types at a Government Per Diem Rate, we do offer a military discount on all room types. I don't know whether this was a computer or human error in your case, but I apologize for this mistake and will be happy to adjust your bill if you will contact me at the hotel at your convenience as I cannot tell from here who you are or what date you were here. I'll look forward to hearing from you soon and be happy to correct this for you. And thank you for serving our country!

Anna
Milan, Tennessee
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I had a huge Study room with a microwave, fridge, wetbar, etc. The bed was comfortable, TV was nice updated flat screen. Reasonable price. I stopped at this location as an overnight stay for a longer trip. There are quite a few gas stations around and a couple of restaurants so it was perfect for what I was looking for. Staff was very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Arkadelphia, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, TNTechie! We hope your travels will bring you back in our direction soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arkadelphia
Comfort Inn
#5 of 11 in Arkadelphia
Days Inn Arkadelphia
Days Inn Arkadelphia
#9 of 11 in Arkadelphia

Been to Hampton Inn Arkadelphia? Share your experiences!