“Stick to Wine - Leave Out Politics!”

Mount Bethel WInery
Ranked #4 of 6 things to do in Altus
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've visited Mount Bethel winery several times. Unfortunately, this tasting and consequently my purchasing was cut short due to my desire to escape the saleslady's political rant.

2  Thank hawkeyes2

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have only been to Mount Bethel once, but I can not wait to go back! Their wine was delicious, the staff was very accomodating, and the atmosphere was very quaint. This is the smallest of the wineries that I have visited in the Altus area, but what it lacks in size, it makes up for in charm. I absoloutely love the White Muscadine wine!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Bethel is a true family operation located on the family farm, right behind their house. Tasting room is built into a hill which was their original celler. Small but loaded with character, in more ways than one might expect. Our host was one of the family and has an interesting view on many, many subjects plus she really knows her wine. We had a good time and tasted some ok wine. Nothing that will win gold in San Fran but very good for the grapes they can grow here. Stop at each winery in town (there are four) to get a good idea of the best wines AR has to offer.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The tasting started out okay ! But then the lady started complaining about politics !!! Not what we came for !!! We like dry wines and did buy a case even after being constantly insulted. About our thoughts on anything!! The lady was a family member but not the family member that should be standing in front of the customers

3  Thank frs43
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This place feels like you're in a cave; very interesting. The staff are family and have been in the business for many years. They are knowledgeable not only about their wines but the history. It makes an interesting tasting.