“Clean, comfortable room, friendly, helpful staff.”

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Clean, comfortable room, friendly, helpful staff.”
Reviewed November 26, 2010

My husband & I stopped for the night on our way from Texas to California. We were pleased with the appearance of the lobby and the comfort and cleanliness of our room. The staff was willing to go the extra mile, recommending a great sushi restaurant nearby. Everyone from our server at breakfast to the front desk person greeted with a smile and could not do enough to make us feel welcome.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
JMM_HGI, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, January 10, 2011
Thank you for your recent stay and the wonderful comments you made regarding your stay. We always appreciate when our guests notice our clean rooms and exceptional service. I look forward to sharing your review with the entire team. Comments like yours remind us "why" we are in the hospitality business. THANK YOU!!!
HGI Phoenix_Avondale Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 22, 2010

We were very, very tired after driving all the way from Denver to Phoenix in the middle of the night and we picked this hotel because it looked NEW/NICE on the exterior and when we saw the Trip Advisor "Travelers Pick Award Winner" Owl affixed at the Entrance of the property, we knew we were GOLDEN.

Super Friendly/Amiable/Helpful Staff
Clean, NEW Rooms with Comfortable Beds
Vaulted Ceilings; Flat Panel Televisions
New Ruby Tuesday Restaurant within walking distance
Beautiful View; Huge/Comfy Patio with Fireplace

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jimandelly
Thank you for the outstanding post regarding the hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review and that the “owl” made your decision to stay that much more enjoyable. Thank you again and hope that your next road trip will take you directly back to our hotel!
HGI Phoenix_Avondale TEAM!!!
Albuquerque
Reviewed July 17, 2010

In June I was part of a large group that checked in and we were very impressed how fast and excellent the customer service were by a young lady name Lucia. Our group (about 40) arrived late in the evening and she was the only person who were working at the desk but in minutes we were all checked in and ready to relax from a long bus trip from New Mexico. Next day, we were greeted by the friendly staff at breakfast which was also delicious!. Great recommendations for authentic Mexican food was out of this world. I know where I'm staying when I'm in the area!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank MK001NM
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay at the hotel. We take great pride in our service and are glad you noticed! Your comments have been shared with Lucia and the entire team regarding your experience. Thank you again, and we truly do appreciate you posting your results on the Trip Advisor board.
HGI Phoenix_Avondale TEAM!!!
New Mexico
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Very nice HGI with very courteous staff, spacious rooms, and a nice workout facility stocked with a full rack of free weights, in addition to machinery and cardio. Also, the most expansive breakfast buffet I've yet run across, with your typical fare of buffet items, but also protein/health bars to take along- I'll be back to this hotel every time I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank BiznessClass
JMM_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this review, May 26, 2010
We would like to thank you for your recent stay and the wonderful review regarding the hotel and the amenities. We have just updated our fitness center to free weights and we are happy that you noticed. We will be continuing to update the fitness center to the HGI Precor standard. Your review is a great reminder of why we choose the hospitality business. Thank you again from the entire HGI Phoenix_Avondale team.
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2009

We ended up in Avondale after a long drive and decided to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn just to see how the chain was. There was a Homewood across the street that had rooms for the same price ($99) and that’s a better brand for the same price, so be sure to check on that if you’re planning on staying in that area. The $99 a night is perfect for this property; it’s very comparable to Hyatt Place or Holiday Inn Express. The front desk was very courteous and helpful, and our room was nice. The ceilings were incredibly tall for some reason, even though the room wasn’t all that big. Everything was new and most of the place looked nice and modern, but to be honest it’s probably not going to hold up with a better Hilton across the street with a similar price point. Nothing much stuck out as an advantage over other hotels in this price range, but we did have a good stay. I’d probably look elsewhere in the area (Goodyear) for better deals though…

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Meadview, Arizona
Reviewed July 3, 2009

I stayed here for one night. June 10th, 2009. I had a non-smoking King room. Second floor, Room # 231. This room cost me $ 109 USD per night. The front desk staff was very cheerful and helpful. This hotel is located right off the exit along Inter-state 10. The room was big and clean and comfortable. Everything worked, T.V. and A.C.
I ate at their restaurant, and had a good meal.
My room overlooked the swimming pool.
I left my drapes opened all night, and, when I woke in the morning, the reflection from the pool waters, were dancing on my room ceiling. That was a nice wake-up effect.
Right across the courtyard from the front entrance of this hotel, Hilton built another property, a Homewood Suites hotel. They are facing each other.
Outside, across the back parking lot, is located a Ruby Tuesday restaurant.
As I always do...I enjoyed my stay at this Hilton. Ya just can't beat a Hilton, I've never stayed in a bad one.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2009

I'm staying here now for business and this is a very nice hotel. The staff are all very friendly and helpful, the rooms are very nice, breakfast is great, free internet access can't be beat. Would stay here again and feel comfortable bringing my son. There's a nice pool and outside covered patio. Would highly recommend. Mitzi in the breakfast area this morning was particularly helpful and friendly. I didn't use it but the fitness center looked very nice with plenty of up to date equipment.

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avondale
Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale
Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
Comfort Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
#2 of 9 in Goodyear

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale? Share your experiences!