“Excellent Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This hotel was very conveniently located close but not too close to I10 in Avondale. Easy access. Beautiful, clean room with fridge, micro, krueps coffee, flatscreen, high speed internet, nice fitness center and heated pool. Breakfast made to order was very delicious. Applewood smoked bacon perfectly cooked. Staff very friendly and always helpful. Layout of hotel very nice. King bed was awesome. Bath very clean and nicely appointed. Would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a wonderful survey! We so enjoy sharing comments, especially like these, with our entire staff!

Thank you for your continued support as a Diamond Member and we would be delighted to see you again soon . . .

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was a comfortable hotel and the staff was very friendly. We didn't get the room we booked, however, we could have downgraded from a suite to get a king, but just kept room we had. The bartenders were very friendly, and they had great meal deal of three appetizers for $10, so we spilt them and that was dinner. In the morning they had a breakfast buffet with cooked to order eggs. The beds were different, they were some type of an air mattress inside the mattress. Thought they were hard as a rock, called front desk, they explained how to adjust the bed.

Room Tip: Find out how to adjust the bed.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your fantastic review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for all your comments. We should have asked if you were familiar with the beds at check in - it is important to share all the great things we offer!

Until next time . . . Happy Travels!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

From the time to check in, the experience is a "10". The best food for dinner I have ever had at a Hotel. The staff is eager to make your stay very enjoyable. I spend 20 days a year here and wish all my other travel locations were this great.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your fantastic review! We are so lucky to have amazing guests and an amazing team to create the right place to stay and eat!

Happy Travels, Mary

Reviewed April 5, 2014

My team and I stayed here throughout the opening of a facility in the area. The hotel was very comfortable... just what I expected from a Hilton Garden Inn. The website says a taxi is about $20 from the airport and I paid $65. They received my mail but did not call to let me know. Otherwise, service was awesome and the $10 breakfast is worth it! If you don't want eggs, they offer an $8 option

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for your review!

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments. I apologize we did not inform you of your mail, and I will check on the airport tax cost on the website. We do appreciate all your input, it only makes us better.

I will also send your compliments to the chef! Thank you again and Happy Travels!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

This was my third stay at the HGI Phoenix/Avondale. Like my previous stays, this one was very pleasant and trouble-free. The hotel was busy and there was a large contingent of baseball prospects staying. Despite this, the hotel was generally quiet, the public areas clean, and the service great. Quality of food in the restaurant was excellent, and the price was consistent with local sit-down restaurants. Convenient to I-10 and only about twenty minutes from the airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you AGAIN for a wonderful review!

We enjoy having you stay with us, see you soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Hilton Garden Inn is a nice hotel. However, we did not get the King suite that we booked and instead were put in a Double suite. Also, the beds were hard as a rock, we did not know that they were adjustable. There should have been instructions in the room, on how to adjust the beds. The front staff was very friendly as were the bartenders. The breakfast staff attendant was not so friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for your review! I apologize we were unable to accommodate your request for a King Suite. I know our Front Office Manager spoke with you upon check in and I believe we reviewed the bed procedures, but it we failed to do so, please accept our apologies.

I will certainly share your comments with all departments, positive and construction - for only with your input can we achieve our goals.

Happy Travels,

Mary Lambert

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I will start off and say that this is a nice and clean hotel with a great location. It's right off the interstate and close to many things. Also, the pool is very nice and the hot tub is great for cool nights.
The breakfast is subpar and outrageously over priced. My fiancé ordered an omelet that was burnt and then served to her by a very unfriendly waitress (another way for the hotel to make a quick buck). Almost all hotels now have a free breakfast included in the price and at over $200 a night this place should have it too.
Also, if you need free wifi (also not included in the $200+/nt price tag) you have to go to a McDonald's or one of the many hotels just down the road that offer free wifi. 24 hrs of free wifi is all that is included. (We stayed here for 6 nights.)
If you do stay here be sure to ask about the adjustable beds because there is nothing in the room to tell about it and no workers will tell you about it either.
On out final morning here, while getting rested up for the 1500 mile drive home, the housekeeping came knocking at 8:30am. Not sure why they have check out at noon if someone is going to be waking you up at 8:30. The previous 5 mornings housekeeping came around 11 or later.
If your willing to spend this much money on a hotel check out ones that are in downtown Phoenix where you will actually get your money's worth.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank GtownFireman
ML_HGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for your review and on behalf of our entire team, I apologize for any inconvenience.

The complimentary WiFi is available for 24 hours at a time; requiring to just resign in every 24 hours. I agree it can be confusing in regards to the adjusting of the beds; and we should have asked if you were familiar with our beds upon check-in. Please note I have discussed your comments with our Front Office Manager and team, as well as addressing the breakfast meal with our Executive Chef.

We thank you for your comments for only with your input can we strive to be the best we can be.

In Warm Hospitality,

Mary

Also consider these accommodations in or near Avondale
Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale
Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Goodyear-West Phoenix Area
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale? Share your experiences!