Stayed for two nights week of 1/20/14. The location is SUPER easy to find right of of the I- 10 freeway. The Homewood Suites is right next to it (they share a driveway). There is a Ruby Tuesday within walking distance and on site restaurant. The mall is a short distance away if you need something - and there are other areas with fast food also close by (just a few minute car ride). The area out front of the hotel is under some type of construction - not a bother and they seemed to work during normal business hours. Easy to get to/from the airport.
Check in was pleasant - rooms are clean and adequate. Rooms facing the rear of the hotel face the freeway so there is some slight noise, but this didn't bother me late at night, especially with the fan of the A/C on. I was on the top floor which was nice - I heard very little other room noise. A/C worked, everything else worked as should. There is a Keurig in the room for coffee which was a nice touch as well as a mini fridge and microwave. Good water pressure and plenty of warm water in the shower.
My only complaint with the room was that on my second morning starting around 9:30 am my bed started to shake with slight vibration- same effect in the bathroom - there is obviously a laundry room some where close by even though I couldn't find it when I looked. If it was the floor beneath me I can't image being right next to it. It was a bit irritating. The first day I was up early - and out of my room by 6 am so I didn't experience this. I was in room 412 so if you plan to sleep in - ask for a different room!
I ate in the restaurant both nights of my stay - pretty decent prices and plenty of space to spread out - they have a tv or two at the bar as well. Staff was friendly. Food was pretty good too.
Overall a great Hilton Garden Inn and cleaner than average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located off I-10 and Avondale Boulevard, in the progressive West Valley corridor of Phoenix. We are very close to restaurants, golf, shopping, movie theaters and other attractions such as the Jobing.com Arena, Phoenix International Raceway and the new University of Phoenix Stadium! You can relax knowing the quality and assurance of the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix-Avondale has to offer being a part of the Hilton Family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale Hotel Avondale
- Hilton Garden Inn Avondale
- Hilton Avondale
- Avondale Hilton