“1 Wk Family Stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
Morris, Illinois
“1 Wk Family Stay”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Friendly staff Day and Night. Clean; pretty quiet between rooms. Internet in the desert seems a bit sporadic no matter where you are outside of the major cities, but we were able to connect with Facebook and work with occasional drops and re-opens. Hot, fresh breakfast and dinners available. Good location off "The 10"!

Room Tip: 4th Floor is much quieter as you do not have upper floor noise coming down at you. We were not far f...
Green Features: They use the "Get the Hang of It" plan where you hang towels you will re-use. Use the dishwasher to clean actual cups, plates, and silverware rather than use and throw away paper or plastic products.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
afuchs, Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thanks so much for sharing your experience of your week as our guest. I can't say enough good things about our very friendly and courteous staff. I'm glad to hear that they did a great job taking care of your family. While I think our hotel is relatively quiet overall, the fourth floor while farther away from everything does provide a quiet getaway if that is your desire. I'm also pleased to read that our breakfast which we serve daily and dinner which is served Monday through Thursday exceeeded your expectations. It's always gratifying to hear from guests that have thouroughly enjoyed their visit here. I do hope should business or pleasure bring you to the area again you'll stay with us again!

Thanks so much for your comments!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Buckeye, Arizona
Reviewed August 8, 2014

My air conditioner broke, so i was forced to stay at a hotel. This hotel was in an excellent location near restaurants and movies. I especially enjoyed the breakfast and the pool. The people who work at the hotel made my stay more enjoyable too.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Casa Grande, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The room was very nice and clean. The service was by far the best I've had in a while. I stay at quite a few hotels throughout the year and I rate the service at this hotel at the top of all experiences. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Mountlake Terrace, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I travel for business regularly but it is rare to stay in a hotel room that actually feels as clean and comfortable and cozy as home. This experience was truly a relaxing time at the end of long business days. I slept like a baby. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Austin, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed for 5 days on business. Saved money thanks to the complimentary dinner and breakfasts. Cooked in the room every night with the provided pans and utensils, and used the provided dishwasher. Only two minor problems... 1) Had to ask the front desk for dishwashing soap when it wasn't replaced 2) Fitness center was missing 3.5 sets of dumbells from the pictures on the website. That may not affect most travelers, but it is a deal breaker for me. If future stays have fitness center deficiencies I will find another hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your response - and for letting me know about the weights in the fitness center. This is being rectified immediately. Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience during your stay with us.
Warner Springs, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Excellent reception/greeting by the Manager and her team - very friendly and great plus for those of us who travel all the time. This is a big PLUS for me. Very dated furnishings and decorating, hotel generally not well maintained: wall paper falling off walls, damaged furniture, tube type TV, carpet lifting off floor in corridors, very noisy air conditioning, very limited TV channels (as always with Hilton, they need to dump Lodgenet). Only had breakfast one day because there were missing items on the first day and the fruit was terrible (canned). Hotel very clean with good parking and quiet location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your comments and I apologize that we were not up to standards for you on your visit. I assure you that these items are being addressed and we hope that this will not deter you from staying with Homewood Suites in future times.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Upon arrival we noticed a well kept exterior and had high hopes for the interior. To our amazement, our expectations were met. This is a great hotel and would highly recommend anyone to stay here. The front desk associates were knowledgeable and well accommodating. The housekeeping staff did a great job in keeping the rooms tidy and comfortable. The beds were like sleeping on clouds. The location I was in in the hotel was exceptionally quiet. The breakfast and social hours were absolutely delicious.

There was just one problem but the staff corrected it promptly and effectively. I was over authorized on my card and that made me think I would not have the funds for different things during my travel. They made it right by giving me a check for half and releasing the remaining within a certain time.

Greatly appreciate what they did and how they came about it. I would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much! I am glad we were able to resolve the billing issue to your satisfactory! Please come back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avondale
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area

Been to Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale? Share your experiences!