“suburban retreat”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
United States
“suburban retreat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

helpful, friendly staff; isolated suburban location; shuttle service to area businesses was key; ride from the airport was pricy; noisy air conditioner is next to the TV; who needs TV if you are going out on the town, but there are few attractions to go out to

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
stateline, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Good staff, and the location was nice. There was no problem in having family visit me while I stayed. A couple of restaurants nearby. Lobby only had US Today paper no local paper. Internet access was easy with only name and room number needed, no odd passwords needed to get on line.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Wichita, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were in town to care for a sick family member. We drove 17 hours to Phoenix and I called for early checking (9AM local time) and was surprised when I was told my room was ready and I could checkin whenever I needed to. I was further surprised when I arrived at the hotel at 9AM and the room really was ready and I was checked in within 3 minutes. The room was fantastic- bed was comfortable, nicely appointed, spacious and even included dinner and cocktails in the room rate. We ate breakfast each night and were surprised at the quality and variety of the foods available. During our stay every staff member that we encountered said hello and asked us if we needed anything. As a very loyal Marriott customer I was even surprised by the friendliness of staff. I cannot say enough positive things about this hotel and the staff. My only semi-negative comment would be the lack of entrances near the elevators. Not a huge issue but I am used to hotels having multiple entrances closest to your room so you can park near the door.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

San Diego, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I wanted to give anyone with children a heads up this hotel is NOT kid friendly! We stay here for a basketball tournament with 5 other teams staying in the hotel and were made to sign contracts because we had children. We were then called and harassed by the front desk employees when our children were not even there for more than a total of 5 hours that they were awake during a 2 night stay!!! I also spoke with other people staying there with children that have had the same experience with this hotel. The GM then tells me that my group won't be re-booked because of our behavior...Shame on her!!! Do NOT stay here if you have children!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Danielle P
Avondale, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

The suites need to be upgraded with updated furniture, flat screens, ect but the room was clean and lots of friendly people, especially Marsha...the breakfast was good and the pool area was nice and quiet

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Oak View, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Complimentary dinner on weeknights also. Clean, open lobby, great suite, good food for a buffet, comfortable bed, generous shower. Location right off the freeway, plenty of parking. Breakfast food was fresh with variety - attention to detail: they had honey for my tea!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Henderson, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

double billed for the 2 week stay. received hard time, when trying to reverse their error.
They were extremely rude. Hotel was very clean, free breakfast was ok, not the best.................................................................

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michelle M
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avondale
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area

Been to Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale? Share your experiences!