“Best hotel ever”

Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
Reviewed May 29, 2013

A hotel that has it all and at a great price. The hotel is extremely clean inside and out. Staff are always helpful in any way possible. I have stayed here twice and will continue to stay here at this terrific hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! It is very much appreciated!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

If you have kids- go here- because it's obviously family friendly. Too many kids if you ask me. Conveniently located off the freeway about 20 minutes to Downtown Phoenix. The room was cozy- although the TVs are outdated- and some furniture (including the "living area") were needing replaced. They have a complimentary breakfast and nightly Manager reception M-Th- although it's not of good quality. Free beer and wine :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the condition of your guest suite. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

helpful, friendly staff; isolated suburban location; shuttle service to area businesses was key; ride from the airport was pricy; noisy air conditioner is next to the TV; who needs TV if you are going out on the town, but there are few attractions to go out to

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Good staff, and the location was nice. There was no problem in having family visit me while I stayed. A couple of restaurants nearby. Lobby only had US Today paper no local paper. Internet access was easy with only name and room number needed, no odd passwords needed to get on line.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were in town to care for a sick family member. We drove 17 hours to Phoenix and I called for early checking (9AM local time) and was surprised when I was told my room was ready and I could checkin whenever I needed to. I was further surprised when I arrived at the hotel at 9AM and the room really was ready and I was checked in within 3 minutes. The room was fantastic- bed was comfortable, nicely appointed, spacious and even included dinner and cocktails in the room rate. We ate breakfast each night and were surprised at the quality and variety of the foods available. During our stay every staff member that we encountered said hello and asked us if we needed anything. As a very loyal Marriott customer I was even surprised by the friendliness of staff. I cannot say enough positive things about this hotel and the staff. My only semi-negative comment would be the lack of entrances near the elevators. Not a huge issue but I am used to hotels having multiple entrances closest to your room so you can park near the door.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I wanted to give anyone with children a heads up this hotel is NOT kid friendly! We stay here for a basketball tournament with 5 other teams staying in the hotel and were made to sign contracts because we had children. We were then called and harassed by the front desk employees when our children were not even there for more than a total of 5 hours that they were awake during a 2 night stay!!! I also spoke with other people staying there with children that have had the same experience with this hotel. The GM then tells me that my group won't be re-booked because of our behavior...Shame on her!!! Do NOT stay here if you have children!!!!!!

2  Thank Danielle P
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The suites need to be upgraded with updated furniture, flat screens, ect but the room was clean and lots of friendly people, especially Marsha...the breakfast was good and the pool area was nice and quiet

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avondale
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Staybridge Suites Phoenix/Glendale
Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate

Been to Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale? Share your experiences!