New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale

Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
Artesia, New Mexico
“Always at Home at Homewood Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

A relaxing stay, wife and I had to travel to California for a funeral on short notice, suite was perfect, got in late was able to unwind before traveling on to our destination. What I noticed above everything was the peace and quiet, even though located next to I-10

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GTGolfer
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you so much! We hope to see you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Encinitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

You could not find a nicer family place! Rooms with full kitchens, comfortable beds, great furnishings, solid breakfast, wonderful lounge area, but most of all........the extreme friendliness of the staff! Greeted first by Antoinette, who has more personality and smile than anyone deserves to have, to Debra to another very nice blonde lady, to the maids, EVERYONE could not have been nicer! We will now look for a Homewood!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DKool
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Passing through Phoenix, we used Trip Advisor to find this hotel. We paid $129/nt for a bedroom with 2Qs, a living area w/sofa sleeper, bathroom, 2 tvs, a kitchen with stove, fridge, microwave. A great value. The whole room was very clean. Bathroom was good size too. Standard hot/cold breakfast. Coffee ok. TVs were older, not flat screen if that matters, but there were two of them - one in the bedroom and one in the living room which is a real plus with kids. Ceiling fans were a nice touch.

The only bad was the ventilation/airconditioning unit. It was very noisy. So much that we ended up having to turn the temp higher so it wouldn't go on at nite. Plus everything is plugged into a delayed device. So when you hit the light switch in the bathroom you have to wait a few seconds before the light actually goes on. When we tried to adjust the temp of the room we had to push the arrow down and then wait for the delay to see if that made the air unit go on or not. Just a little complicated.

For the price and room I would give 5 stars, but the noise of the air unit I would give 2 stars. Still, I would stay again.

Room Tip: I believe this hotel is in the suburbs of Phoenix, not inside Phoenix. I think I noticed a Culver...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 8isenuff
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My other half and I stayed at the Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale for one night while we attended a concert nearby. Upon arriving, the desk clerk immediately asked if she could help us. She was funny, witty and you could tell she really loved her job! I wish I remembered her name because she was a delight. The room was incredible. I've stayed at Homewood Suites before and I know this property is fairly new, but it was 115 degrees outside and the room was cool, clean and comfortable. The decor was gorgeous and it made me feel like I was at home. The toilet paper even had a ribbon tied around it. Not needed but you could see they took pride in keeping the rooms clean! I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tucsoncop
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am most pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Take care and we hope to see you in the future!
Escondido
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed here after reading the great review and because we are Hilton member. Check in was fast but the front desk person was not too friendly. We were told we were going to have a nice room with a pool view however the view from the living room of the suite was actually of the rooftop and you could see a little of the pool from the bedroom. The room was nice, very clean and I was very happy with the fully equipped kitchen. Was also pleased they provided breakfast as well as dinner. Although we went out to dinner, we went downstairs for breakfast. They had just ran out of eggs and when we asked the staff member if they would be replenished soon, she seem very irritated and hastily answered us under her breath and went to the back. We then decided to go to breakfast elsewhere. The morning front desk person was very nice and greeted us each time we walked thru. I would recommend friendlier check in staff and breakfast staff as those people are the ones most guest will have interaction with. We stay at Hiltons on a regular basis and although the room was definitely Hilton standards, the Customer Service needs to be improved. Only other issue was a cricket we found in the room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank sstarlight
Hello and thank you for your review. I want to apologize that my staff did not meet your expecations while you were here. I would love for you to contact me directly so that we may discuss this further.

We always strive to provide excellance in customer service and want to make sure that each and every guest is 100% satisfied with their experience.
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I won't go over what others have said. It's a clean, newish hotel that is overall very nice. Friendly, responsive staff, ok breakfast-, small ok pool for a quick dip
Our cons with the hotel would not allow me to recommend it as an option for families.
1- traffic noise. It is right next to the highway & motorcycles zoom by about every 15 minutes all night long- the ac fan will not cover the noise & if you aren't a heavy sleeper they will be an alarm clock for you. To be fair it did not wake my husband, but neither do fire alarms.......
2- the sofa bed is HORRIBLE. It's the worst I've ever run into & I travel a lot. My 7 year old get up crying in the night begging to fly back home. We had to buy an air mattress & pump. Thankfully there was enough space for it in the bedroom of the suite or we would have had to change hotels.
3- wireless- we have been here 2 days & have not been able to get it to recognize our login informaiton. Front desk states to call the "1-800-there-is-no-way-we-will-help-you-number."

If you are a solo traveler or very small family who want to sit at a desk with a LAN cord, not use the sofa bed & can sleep through loud traffic noise this hotel would be a good choice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience. We value all of our guests and always welcome all comments and criticisms as these will only assist us in finding solutions and ways to further improve our guests satisfaction!

Thank you again and make it a great day!
Jersey Village, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel 8 days and every day the entire staff was friendly and helpful. Anything we asked for was taken care of immediately and with great attitude. The entire front desk personnel couldn't have been more helpful. With the breakfast and dinner, the value could not be beat.

Room Tip: I beleive every room is the same, very comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JSlip
, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avondale
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate

Been to Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale? Share your experiences!