“We had a 'sweet' stay at Homewood Suites”

Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Avondale
Cleveland, Ohio
“We had a 'sweet' stay at Homewood Suites”
Reviewed March 23, 2011

The staff at the Homewood Suites from the managers to the day/night crew were absolutely wonderful! We needed a fax to be sent, they sent it. We needed a corkscrew, they found one. We were late for breakfast and they accommodated us. They made us feel welcome and were extremely friendly for our entire 9 day stay. Thanks for a great time! See you next year!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
Thank you so much!! We enjoyed having you here as well!! Take care and we will see you next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Maineville, Ohio
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I love the Homewood suites product. Whenever I'm traveling I always try to stay in them. This hotel was a credit to the brand.

Stopped here last night (Monday 21st). Went to the hotel at 12pm to see if there were any rooms available. I was meant to be golfing but the wind and rain put a stop to that...
I was checked in with no issues. Went to my room and put the laptop on to do some work. Sitting on the couch with the laptop on the ottoman very strange things started to happen. My laptop started bouncing up and down... The whole room seemed to be bouncing.

Went to fetch something from my car and asked how the room was. Described the bouncing and was informed that would be the air conditioning. Does this on the top floor apparently! I was moved to the third floor. No more room bouncing!

Went out for a couple of hours and got back in time for the free food / drinkies!
BBQ chicken sandwiches with corm on the cob (lovely!) and coleslaw. Washed down with Amber Bock / Bud light / Red and While wine.
I took full advantage of the drinkies :)

Slept pretty well, not surprisingly :)

Breakfast was pretty disappointing. Standard stuff really. Hot stuff wasn't all that appealing..

Never used the pool but it looked excellent. About a dozen loungers with cushions.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Neilbond007
Thank you so much for your review!! I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy a day of golf due to the weather!! I am however pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us!!! I appreciate all of your comments and will share them with our staff!!

P.S. Was the room shaking before or after the "drinkies"? :)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I just had the pleasure of an activity filled 5 day break in Sunny Avondale, Az.
3 Spring Training games at 2 parks (White Sox and Reds), 3 rounds of golf (wigwam and coldwater), 1 NHL game (Blackhawks) and Westgate Center dining options all fall into the Hotels vaunted 5 mile shuttle service (NO RENTAL CAR NEEDED). Robert, the daytime shuttle driver, felt like family by the end of our stay....THANK YOU Robert!.

The 2 queen bedroom suites were clean, modern and large. The full kitchen setup made it possible to stock up on groceries just in case you didn't take advantage of the free breakfast buffet or evening managers welcome.

Anna, the general manager, took an interest in our needs immediately and made sure our many requests were dealt with professionally and immediately. You will definitely see us next year for spring training . Thank you for being attentive and responsive Anna.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
It was certainly my pleasure to accommodate you and your guest during your stay!! It is incredible people like you that make our jobs that much more rewarding! Again, thank you for your wonderful comments and I look forward to seeing you next year!!

Take care!
Darien Center, New York
Reviewed March 21, 2011

This property exceeded our expectation and then some.
The staff was very helpful and accommodating, the facility is in excellent condition, our room was made up promptly and with great results.

We will not only stay at this Homewood Suites again, we will seek out this brand whenever we travel. THANK YOU

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful review!! We take pride in our award winning guest services and hospitality and we were all pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!!!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this property exactly one year ago for Reds Spring Training in March of 2010 and we had an amazing experience! So, we re-booked again this year for the exact same week for the same purpose (spring training) and had yet another fabulous stay! The front desk checked is in very quickly and they were very welcoming and friendly. Our room was fantastic...a full kitchen, desk with internet, family room with a pull-out sofa and then separated by a door, was the bedroom with a king-sized bed, vanity area and separate bath area. The property was very well kept and has a very "new, clean" feel to it. Each morning we had a great "full" breakfast with numerous items to choose from. Each day, the items vary but having the variety is a plus, especially if you are staying here for more than one night! During the evening from 5-7, they offer the "manager's special" Sunday through Thursday nights. They offer a light dinner (menu changes daily and is posted on your fridge in your suite) and also have self-serve beer and wine! The pool area is great and very quiet. (Hot tub is nice also!) One of the amenities that we took advantage of is the shuttle service. The drivers are all very courteous and accommodating and will take you anywhere in a 5 miles radius! One of the best things about this property is that it's very quiet! I overheard the front desk tell a guest on the phone that they were sold out for that evening! The parking lot was full and we knew that there were several groups staying there for a week while we were there last week (college golf teams, baseball staff, etc.) However, each evening around 11:00 when we would come through the doors in the main lobby, it was completely quiet! Not a sole around and no voices, laughter....nothing! It's so nice not to be disturbed by other guests when you are there to relax and get some rest! The management staff is fabulous and I even noticed one morning, the General Manager had a smock on was assisting her staff with getting the breakfast area stocked. It's nice to see that the GM is willing to help her staff when short-handed or just when things get busy! We spoke with her at the property and you can tell that she cares quite a bit about her property, her staff but mostly her guests! My husband and I travel quite a bit and have seen it all from terrible to fabulous and this tops the charts by far! I wish that every city had this particular property with this same staff...we will stay here again and again and will always come back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you once again for a GREAT review! I am so glad you had such a great time! Take care and we will see you again next year!
Baldwin Park, California, USA
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I recently had the pleasure of staying here a few weeks ago and I felt compelled to write a review because my stay was quite memorable. Let me begin by saying that I did a ton of research before I settled on this hotel because I wanted it to be just right.

I was in town for a good friend's wedding and having never been to Phoenix, I wanted to make sure I was relatively close to all the good stuff. This location is perfect! It is right off the 10 freeway, but not so close that you actually notice the freeway at night. It is literally 2 blocks away from McDowell Road and let me tell you, this street takes you EVERYWHERE. You can choose, as me and my buddies did, to drive up McDowell and find anything and everything from restaurants to stores to hang out spots. As a group of guys in our mid 20's, we couldn't have asked for a better location.

Let me get off location for a bit and take a moment to talk about our rooms. In a word, they were "GREAT". The kitchen area looked like it came out of Better Homes & Garden or something. Nice counters, plenty of tableware, good mix of pots and pans (and the utensils that should come with them) and a fridge big enough to hold several cases of beer! Our living room was more than comfy and had plenty of room for 3 big guys (emphasis on BIG). We had 2 Queen beds and a sofa sleeper. They were all VERY comfortable and we all got a better night's sleep than we normally do in our own homes. I don't know if that says more about us or more about the hotel , but either way we all slept soundly. By the way, the sofa sleeper bed was FANTASTIC. I am used to sofa sleepers being awful, especially for guys our size, but it was a pleasant surprise and believe me when I say noone complained about getting the sofa rather than the actual bed. My only quibble about the room was that the tv's (2 of them and both nice sized) were not flat screens, but I recently heard that they will be replacing all the tv's soon with flat screens so I guess that won't be an issue anymore. Kudos to the hotel for taking steps to stay modern and paying attention to their customers' needs.

Some other minor notes I want to mention:

The fitness area is small (I believe only about 6 people can be in there at any one time) but it is well equipped, has a tv, and climate control.

We didn't get to partake in the complimentary breakfast because we simply woke up too late, but it runs from 7 a.m to 10 a.m. which is perfect for most normal people. Also, I am not sure if it's fair to include this in my review, but I overheard a couple of people in the lobby area mentioning that breakfast was good and had a nice variety of stuff.

The pool area was nice with plenty of bbq grills if you wanted to get your barbecue on. I personally felt the bbq grills was a really nice touch and there were enough for 3 to 4 parties.

I want to wrap up this review by mentioning the staff. They were the picture of professionalism. Everything from check-in to check-out was handled in a prompt, courteous manner. We needed directions one night and the girl at the counter really knew her stuff. How refreshing to find someone who actually knows the area well and gave us plenty of good tips. I wish I could remember your name, but you unknowingly provided some highlights for our trip so if you ever read this, THANK YOU!

If you are going to be in the Phoenix area, don't waste your time looking at other places. You will pay more than a Super 8 or Best Western, but you get what you pay for and you won't be disappointed. We weren't and I look forward to the next time we get a chance to come out here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
What a FANTASTIC review!!! I will share all of your wonderful comments with the entire staff! Please contact the hotel directly if you ever head back this way to make your reservations!! Thank you so much!
calif
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Stayed at Homewood Suites for one night driving in to see football game got there check in took 5 min. They upgraded me and are other friends to suites. The hotel was spotless and the beds comfortable pool is nice and breakfast was awesome. I would definetly go back there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
afuchs, General Manager at Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
Thank you so much for your awesome review! I am so glad you had a wonderful experience! I hope to see you in the future!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avondale
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Glendale - Westgate
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area

Been to Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale? Share your experiences!