“Real New Orleans Food”

Flavors of Louisiana
Ranked #1 of 145 Restaurants in Avondale
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Description: We are an authentic Cajun food restaurant. The owner is a Baton Rouge native with roots in New Orleans and White Castle Louisiana. Most people believe Cajun food is hot and spicy when in actuality Cajun food is all about the flavor. You will find that Flavors of Louisiana is truly all about flavor. We have Gumbo,Po-boys, Oysters, Catfish, Alligator, Crawfish just to name a few items. Come on out and let us bring the bayou to you!!!
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a simple restaurant in a bad location in the back of a strip mall. Somehow people have found it. We had lunch at about 11:00 on Saturday. A few tables were seated. Thereafter a continuous stream of people filtered in until 12:15 when we left. The Restaurant is bare-bones other than a bayou mural on one wall; an LSU Jersey Wall, and a few Mardi Gras trinkets by the cash register. The menu is limited. Mostly poboys and gumbo. I had the catfish poboy with gumbo. Just terrific. My partner had the boudin balls with a remoulade. Really tasty. I asked for a taste of the etouffee, one of the best I've ever tried. The service staff could have used some training but were real accommodating and friendly. I wish they had a branch closer to my home!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Not bad but not number one. Catfish, alligator and chicken were deep fried and not too greasy. Tasted just ok. I have been to NEw Orleans, South Carolina and Georgia extensively. I have had better. Tables were dirty. Food took a long time. Really seems like it should be outside not inside. Nothing was really wrong. Unless I want all fried food, which I do not, I will not return.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

There is no other place in this valley that can make the food that Flavors does. Others may think they have a po boy. Hah! Go out to F of L and get a shrimp po boy and I guarantee you'll never go anywhere else again. And if you do, then you just don't like real po boys. I've mistakenly ordered fried catfish at other places here in the valley--none fit to eat. But out at F of L, these real cajuns fry up real cornmeal breaded catfish that tastes just like what I used to get back home. Try the boudin balls. These little fellers are addictive. I have only one small complaint. I do not eat very much salt in my diet, so some of the dishes--such as the gumbo and the dirty rice--are a tad too salty for me. But overall the flavor of those 2 dishes is plain spot on. They make a mean gumbo.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I totally love this place Food is very very good and very authentic The price is very fair for the food you get which is Nice and fresh The restaurant is past Walmart on the same side of the street Do yourself a favor and give it a try As I'm sure you'll like it

1  Thank janiemygirl
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We found this place through TripAdvisor and decided to try it. Were pleased with the selections, quantities and price. Seems like they have daily specials as well as menu items. They were doing a very good carry out business the day we were there.