“A Good Place To Stop”

and 1 more site!
Ash Fork Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ash Fork
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Traveling through Arizona, we stopped at the Ash Fork INN as it was getting late. The woman at the front desk was done in the Route 66 theme, Our room was clean, very comfortable, and we were only charged $32 dollars. Talking with the woman at the front deck said they were making improvements to the motel and started a few of them. I would recommend the Ash Fork INN to anyone traveling I-40 who doesn't want to spend a lot. This place is clean, comfortable, economical, and close to the Grand Canyon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed at the Ash Fork Inn, a very nice motel, only charging $34 for two queens, the rooms were clean and comfortable and I had no complaints. I read some of the negative reviews and in my opinion they have no basis, and I was quite shocked as to how cruel some of them were. I would recommend this motel to anyone traveling I-40. The staff were polite and helpful and the WIFI was in good working order.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Donald S
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Ash Fork Motel works for me. I've stayed twice, and both times got a $30- room that could best be described as genteel-shabby.

While a little old, the rooms / beds / bathrooms were clean and the heat worked. A rarity most places I travel, the internet even worked! Even arriving around 11pm, I got a ground floor room with parking in front of my door, and enjoyed a peaceful night right up until departure time at 11am. BTW, the staff was friendly and helpful.

Another plus is a way cool (Ash Fork themed) museum next door for more than a little local color and history, if you're so inclined.

The downsides were no fridge, microwave, or desk. Also, no ice machine...though a very sweet lady at the desk was kind enough to fill my little ice jar from the freezer inside.

The place meets my needs, and is now someplace I regard as a good choice when traveling I-40 versus paying a lot more in nearby towns.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My car broke down outside Asfork, So I stayed at the Ashfork Inn. The room was very satisfactory and the people were nice. After reading some of the negative review received by the motel, I hade to write a review, saying how unfair I thought they were. I was very happy with everything. The room was clean and comfortable and let not forget I only paid $29.00 not $129.00. I would recommend staying here. I appreciated the manager for helping me out on my time of need when my car broke down. Next morning he called the tow truck company for me.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This place was filthy and disgusting. If sloth is something you pride yourself on, then stay in this motel, you will feel absolutely at home. Otherwise pay a little more and stay any places else. I guess I don't have room to complain since someone else was paying the bill, but I would feel remiss if I did warn others. The carpet was beyond threadbare, the bathroom was filthy with faucets that dripped constantly. Some type of small fly-like insects were occupying the bathroom. There was no door latch on the bathroom door, allowing the door to stand open from which you could hear every bodily function of the person using the restroom.The walls of the room were dirty and have been for some time. There was dirt everywhere, evidence that the cleaning staff makes a cursory trip through the room and then moves on. The maintenance and repair is evidently done by someone who has absolutely no knowledge or skills in this area. $29 sounds like an attractive price, however, Buyer Beware. In this case you get exactly what you pay for. I would not recommend the Ashfork Inn to my enemy, let alone a weary traveler after a day of exhausting travel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank A S
lassieAshfork_az, Owner at Ash Fork Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

I am always amazed how someone who is so unhappy in there environment, does not take steps to change it. If you were so miserable why didnt you go to the office get a refund, and go somewhere else. You stayed the night, but tell others not to, that makes no sence. The motel is not perfect, but your review is harsh and unfounded. I invite any traveler to stop by and look at the rooms for yourself, and draw your own conclusion.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

very clean and cheap! loved the lil kitchen, beds comfy,old but hey what do ya want for 40 bucks??? we are elk hunters and recommend to all red necks!!! stay and play in the beautiful
arizona high country, great deer and coyote huntig abound!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul J
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here in August after a visit to the canyon. When we spoke to the manger it seemed it was him and his wife. They were friendly enough. I asked the price and he said $35. I thought it would be a dump but stayed anyway due to the hour. When we got in the room it had a security door and was very clean. It had a mural on the wall instead of a headboard. It did not do breakfast but we went to a nearby place.

On the whole we were impressed by the motel and would reccommend it instead of one in Williams at $90. The town is on route 66 and very 1950's style. We liked it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Highlander Motel
#21 of 30 in Williams
17 mi away
Motel 6 Williams East - Grand Canyon

Been to Ash Fork Inn? Share your experiences!