“Not as good as reviews lead us to believe”
Review of Los Gringos Locos

Los Gringos Locos
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2014

On our first night to the area Saturday March 22,2014 we ate here thought it would be great because of the reviews and was sadly disappointed. My husband and I shared the steak and chicken fajitas which was plenty if 1/3 of it would not have been burned and I mean to a crisp. Our waitress never came back to ask how our meal was until after we were finished, to see if we wanted dessert, showed her all the burned food, after she cleared our table and she spoke to her manager she took off 25% of the price of our meal. Service very slow, restaurant very loud and the food that was edible had a burned flavor.

2  Thank Stacey M

Reviewed March 26, 2014

During our first night in Apache Junction, AZ, we decided to check out local establishments for dinner and chose Los Gringos Locos. My first impression was that we were going to have a nice dining experience from the amount of people waiting to get a table, but was quickly disappointed. The issue was with the service or should I say non service provided. We were greeted by our waitress who took our drink order. We ask for a straw and she stated that she would be right back. We waited for quite some time and was shocked when the waitress walked by our table two times looking at us eye to eye. When she finally came to the table, approximately 15 minutes later, I expressed my disappointed with her service and that we could not even get a straw. I told her that we did not want to order and to please bring us the bill for the two glasses of water, chips and salsa. She stated that she had other customers to take care of and that we did not have to pay for water and chips. We got up and left. As we were leaving, the Manager came up to us at the entrance and in front of waiting customers stated that we are supposed to pay before we leave. I told her that the waitress told us we did not have to pay for the water and chips. Embarrassed, my wife and I requested to see the waitress. The waitress told the Manager that she stated we did not have to pay. The Manager looked shocked. I requested to talk to the Manager outside and expressed my displeasure with the customer service and suggested that she keep an eye on that waitress. I am not sure I would return to this establishment and would not recommend it due to my experience of the poor service. Reading other ratings of this establishment reveals that others had poor customer service experiences.

2  Thank SafetyWoodDude
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Food was tasty and service was fabulous. Dinner for 5 was $45 plus tip (non alcoholic drinks.) Restaurant was a little loud though.

1  Thank Jana M
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have been snowbirds in the valley for 10 years. This is the place we bring our friends from up north to have great Mexican food. 1/2 price drinks before 5 add to the appeal. Great seating outside on the patio. There are umbrellas on the patio for those who do not want the direct sun.
Service is very good and the waiters know their menu. And the price is right.
The only drawback is the chairs on the patio are quite uncomfortable, but the salsa is second to none. And they will serve lots of their home made salsa.

1  Thank Golferdave113
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stopped in on a Wednesday night, they were extremely busy but we were seated within 10 minutes. Service was great, food was fantastic. After living in Albuquerque years ago, we were thrilled to be offered red or green with our meals. You do NOT get that in Oregon!! After a long day of flying to arrive in AZ it was nice to have a great margarita!!

2  Thank luvbnarn