“Best in Apache Junction”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fatman's Pizza & Grill
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Apache Junction is not known for their food so thank goodness for Fatman's. This is a great family owned hole-in-the-wall. I am from New York so I go for thin crust. Although it is definitely not NY style, it is good, fresh pizza. This is a excellent alternative to the delivery chains that are in the area.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Our family discovered this little gem in March of 2011, while on vacation. When my husband and I returned to the area in March of 2012, we planned to stop in again. Their deep dish pizza is delicious!!! The left overs are even better reheated in the microwave! My husband can't have spicy foods (some reviews mentioned "bland"), but I don't want to eat pizza that gives me heartburn either. Peter and Peggy (owners) are fantastic people. They go above and beyond for their guests. We are originally from New York, and I love cannolis. We buy cannolis to bring back home (Colorado) to enjoy. What a treat to see that Peter had added Prime Rib to Friday night's menu. It melted in my mouth like butter!!! Can't wait till next year to return to our favorite spot -- Fatman's Pizza!!!

Reviewed January 18, 2012

I've eaten here twice. Had the deep dish once and the thin crust once. Being as I was born and raised in Chicago and am 300 lbs. plus I know a little about Chicago style pizza. Both types of pizzas were very good, but kind of bland. I think maybe a little fennel and/or oregano would definitely help out on these pies. The price is a little on the high side and the wait (at least they're honest and tell you about it on the menu) can be excessive. But its definitely worth a try. They also have sandwiches, ribs and pasta dishes none of which I've tried, but they look good from what I've seen being served.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

We are not hard to please but this pizza was so tasteless! Very disappointing since we heard such raves about their pizza!

Reviewed December 15, 2011

I've lived in AJ for a year and a half not knowing this place even existed. I have driven past hundreds of times only noticing the Jake's O Mine next door. Thankfully, an offer for this place came to my attention. It is a small-ish venue, which was packed ... on a Thursday at 5:30pm.

To begin, I'm not a big pizza eater. I love it. My "system" does not. We ordered a thin crust pizza, an order of pizza bites, and a gyro with fries. The pizza bites were fun - just fried dough and marinara. Our pizza was a simple cheese and bacon. Yummy crust, enough sauce without being soupy, and a good amount of topping. My favorite was the gyro. I love them, and hadn't had one in ages. But theirs was fantastic.