“Great for horror movie buffs!”

Motel 6 Apache Junction
Motel 6 Apache Junction
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Apache Junction
Aliso Viejo, California
“Great for horror movie buffs!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I'm not sure what the big deal is, this place was clearly an attempt at pleasing the horror movie buffs. As you enter, you are greeted by 4 or 5 life-sized dolls of children hiding in various corners as if counting for hide-and-seek (Child's Play, here's Chucky!). The hallways smelled of rotting eggs, which was admittedly a poor attempt at split pea soup (The Exorcist) but well appreciated for the attempt. The blood stain on the carpet gave it a Shining-esque appeal, but they needed to install an old elevator for blood to flood out of. For those who want to find religion, they even offer a Buddha statue in the parking lot, right next to the wild west wagons and the trailer hauling old junker cars (maybe a tip of the hat to Christine?).
The patch-work carpet repairs and cigarette burns were flawed though, along with the rock hard bed (maybe like being a sacrifice to a pagan god on a rock altar?), I can't think of what movie that may be for. I wanted to pull up the carpet repair to see if I could maybe find a beating heart but I didn't have the money to be charged extra since after fees, you pay 90 per night.
The front desk will rent your room out to someone else when they have no other bookings or cars in the lot and take 15 minutes to figure out how to check you in, with 5 calls to the manager who lives on site (read the 5 star review about "so nice I moved in!" and guess who wrote that one...). Loved the scrap metal collector who would pull up each day and park his crap across 4 spaces, leaving even fewer spots to park in of their 15 total spots, minus the ones taken by the junker car trailer, but they were empty when we went so parking still won't be an issue.
Also, check in at 3am and expect room service to be walking through your door at 9 asking why you haven't checked out yet (check out is at 11, NOT 12 as listed on this site) even though you booked a second night.

Room Tip: Bring gasoline and matches
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Joe W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bow, Washington
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I do agree with other reviewers who say that the person at the front desk is rude and really customer service is terrible. She first put us in a room that smelled like old smoke although it was supposed to be non-smoking. And the TV didn't work. She then wanted to move us across the hall next to a room with a screaming baby. I told her I wanted to be down the hall a bit and she said that the air wasn't on. I told her I would turn the air on and it would be fine. She then called to say "I know you are hot in there". I said it was fine. She was just very strange. Our room was actually not terrible - didn't feel dirty or really worn but the common areas are just bizarre. And breakfast is bad -

If you have a choice, I would not suggest this hotel - the price was right and it was tolerable but not really what I would call a decent place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tammy V
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We also had a terrible encounter with Angela. She tried to charge us $125 more without even telling us. Then she called the room after I put our 6 month down for the night. I told her not to call again because I have a sleeping baby. She called TWO MORE TIMES! The mattresses felt like sleeping on concrete. The floor was more comfortable. The pillows were stuffed with what felt like bricks. I wouldn't recommend this hotel if I were paid.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lisa B
Albany, New York
Reviewed June 5, 2012

i cant tell you how disgusted i was to bring my family into a room with a bathtub that looked like someone to a hard rake to it and the towels were something you would find in a goodwill. i asked for new towels and got basically the samething. the rug in the room looked like it was used for a cattle stampede and the beds were just aweful! cheap mattresses with many stains on them. i was even affraid to have my family sleep in the worn bed spreads. the curtains had torn backings and every other hook holding the curtain were missing. the lampshades had stains on them, and the room smelled musty. this was all the best part! the woman with pants with material pimples on them something you would find in a trash bin and some hostess bright red blouse named angela, telling people she was the manager but only a desk clerk was the most FAKE and rudest person i ever met who kept a smile that was telling you off as she spoke. tried to charge us more on our credit card and got very stern and i was waiting for her to pull a big knife out from under the counter. amazing how someone like that could have a job! i blame the management in this unattractive (old motel-8) motel with parts of the buildings stucko falling off the outside. i wouldnt bring my dog to this establishment!! a bulldozer would make this place better. too bad the view of the superstition mountain is so nice and to look out "dirty windows" to see it. get rid of angela and pump some money into this building or it wont be in buisness much longer......

Room Tip: dont stay here!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank david29786
Apache Junction, Arizona
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Moved to Phoenix area while working at Superstition Mountain, and found this inn to be a perfect home away from home. This is a family run hotel, and it's run much like a home... with breakfast in the morning, complete with scrambled eggs. Coffee is available all day, and the pool is open til 10pm. Nothing but positive things to say.

Room Tip: Suites are extra, but in the summer all rates are negotiable, especially if you're going to stay...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank PieteAZ
Sayner, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We spent our first night ever in Arizona at this motel and were very disappointed. The staff were below standards and seemed unsure of procedures. We were charged for our room and then asked for our credit card to charge the hide a bed additionally ($25.00!) I've never paid that much for an additional bed. While checking in, another couple approached the desk and said that their room was occupied when they attempted to enter. There was a scramble at the desk to fix that. There was no elevator to the second floor and our room was poorly cleaned. Dust in corners, wrinkled sheets (clean?) and the hide-a-bed was in poor shape and had crumbs/dirt on top of the blanket. My son opted to sleep on top of the bed. The beds were not comfortable at all. The breakfast was nothing to rave about, either. The person in charge looked like they came in off of the street to clean up. My kids refused to eat so no money was saved on the breakfast. I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Ann K
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I waited over a half an hour to check my elderly parents into the hotel. The entire lobby was full of other people waiting to check in. It was hot and there was one woman checking people in, while this other strange woman sort of hung around not helping, just moving papers around, doing nothing. I found out later this woman was the manager.

The woman who was checking people in was like some actress in a bad audition, shaking people's hands as they checked in, loudly introducing herself (Angela, I think), then going away from the desk to check things in rooms, while the rest of us stood there until she returned. They were indifferent to this traffic jam in their lobby and acted as if we all weren't standing there.

Angela did a grand performance in the middle of the lobby, waving her arms around, explaining with an animated voice (and supressed anger) that she was doing all she could and we were all welcome to have coffee in the dining area - it was 86 degrees outside and 2:00 in the afternoon. Besides, hy would we lose our place in line to have coffee when there were 15 other people in line? I haven't waited that long in line since my last visit to the DMV.

I eventually marched up to the desk to ask the other lazy woman who the manager was. She said she was. I asked her why we all had to wait so long. She said "We are busy checking people in." She wasn't checking anyone in. She was hanging around being useless.

The room had stains on the chairs, rug, and was generally pretty worn-out. The thing that made me the angriest about this was that the room had a queen bed and was $95 a night and it was a dump with lousy service. I cancelled the additional reservations I had there that day and put my folks in the Best Western in Gold Canyon, 10 minutes away. It was $10 more a night and it was beautiful, clean, and efficient.

Don't stay at this mismanaged dump.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mesa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mesa Superstition Springs
Sleep Inn Superstition Springs Center
Best Western Plus Mesa

Been to Motel 6 Apache Junction? Share your experiences!