“Gyros like you were in Chicago”

Chicago's Number One Gyro
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Today was the fourth time that we have been to Chicago's #1 Gyros Restaurant. We always have the gyros sandwich since it is just like what we used to get in the Chicago area. The place is small with seating for about 30. There has usually been waiting line af about three of four at the order counter but never for a table. They also seem to do a good takeout business. The gyros has always been great and include plenty of meat. I recommend it to anyone that likes that a good meal.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Okay, so the place looks like the waiting room of an ER you would never want to visit. Stand in line at the counter, place your order, and take a chair that might not hold you up. You'll never see this place on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives because it is....well not quite that upscale.

Don't like the atomosphere? Get it to go like we do! This is just plain good Greek food. The gyros are very good, as is the souvlaki. The pitas are soft and delish. I like to get the plates because I really like the rice, not to mention the olives and feta on the salad. The prices? OMG! If they raised the prices, they could get some new chairs! You couldn't make it at home for these prices! Did I mention that I always get a side of dolmas when I order? The yogurt dip is to die for. Gang up on these folks, eat good food and get them some new chairs!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We are hear for the winter season and square dance 2 to three times a day. Between our morning and afternoon SD on Fridays, we always go to Chicago for the best food. We have found that all is great but our favorite is the pork Gyro.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I've been coming here for years:) I usually get the chicken kabob with the saffron rice. The salad is always fresh. Recently tried the Greek fries and they have become a favorite for both me and my son. You will be totally satisfied with your experience.

1  Thank Yogagurl3
Reviewed January 17, 2013

AJ is a hard place to find a good meal, but this place fills the bill. A HUGE gyro for $6, was VERY good. Service quick and the owner, who was outside when we were leaving said."Thanks for coming". Nice neighborhood place