“The Olde West, the Way it Once Was...”

Goldfield Ghost Town
Book In Advance
$136.69*
Apache Trail / Canyon Lake Steamboat Cruise
$138.99*
Apache Trail Day Tour from Phoenix
$155.00*
and up
Semi-Custom Apache Trail Day Trip Including Dolly Steamboat and Superstition...
More attraction details
Owner description: This abandoned old mining town, which has been refurbished as a tourist attraction, includes a mine tour, rides and shops.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been to the Goldfield Ghost Town several times this year. First in December I went with my daughter and grandchildren. We took in all the sights: ate breakfast at the Bakery, rode the train and found out about gold mining, toured the old mine, went into the mystery house and even had out photos taken in old fashioned clothing. My grandson was most impressed that he could hold a rifle and wear a six shooter on his hip. We later ate outside enjoying a mamoth hamburger (you can split this between two people) and visited the jewelry shop where I could not resist buying a turqoise ring. Later in February, I took my sister there for lunch and a horseride from the Livery. She bought me a beer at the Saloon after the ride and we sat on the porch listening to live music. Most recently, I rode with friends from the OK Corral and we had lunch at the Saloon, enjoying excellent steakburgers, (I had a cheese quesadilla). Cowboy Dan made sure we could get back on the trail quickly. Goldfield will certainly give your family a glimpse into the past. It is more authentic than Tortilla Flat. You can spend an hour or the whole day. It is a great place to visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,290)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I VERY much enjoyed the gold mine tour. The man doing the tour was GREAT. The mystery shack was not worth the money...have seen better. The restaurant was nice...felt western. The overall town was a fun place to be...however, they could do more by having all employees dress western and be more proactive to the part. The one thing we were VERY DISAPPOINTED in was the History of Women in the west... despite what the sign said IT IS NOT family oriented and only focused on the filthy women of the west. Not at all what should be pushed. When we got back home - East, people couldn't believe that type of thing was flaunted in such a manner and purported to be for children. Be warned and don't take children to that.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had a day to spend in the Mesa areawhile were were in AZ for a graduation. We decided on the Goldfield Ghost Town because of the reviews and my kids thought it sounded fun. Just the drive out there from Mesa was nice. The view of the Superstition Mts was great (especially from the attraction). The place is an old mining town that they've done a good job keeping it looking period specific. Old machinery and buildings are everywhere and really give you the feeling you are stepping back in time. Everyone was really friendly. We ate at the cafe right near the enterance and the food was good and reasonably priced.

We did the combo pass which included the mine tour, mystery shack tour and train ride. All three attractions provided interesting entertainment for us (the kids really liked the mystery shack). A great place if you like to take pictures!

Overall we had a nice day. I'm not sure it's a place I would visit more than once, but it was worth the few hours we spent there. The kids (9 & 11) did mention it as one of their favorite parts of the trip.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The town is a ghost town like the towns of the old days..except the church it seems, but they kept the style.

It makes great pictures with the mountains in the background.

They sell things but their prices are good.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Definitely Touristy! A GREAT STOP FOR PHOTOS! If you are in the area, it is a neat place to stop and visit. The town is an authentic ghost town and gives you a feeling of how things once were. You get a great view of the superstition mountains and wonderful photos of authentic western buildings and artifacts. There is a church, bordello, saloon, jail, live reptiles, horses, gold mine, mystery house, train and horseback rides available. We were fortunate to see the staged gunfight.

After reading the reviews we decided to tour the town without participating in the paid activities. Our initial plan was to go there and to ride horses, we were not anticipating an amusement park attraction atmosphere. We saved horseback riding for a dude ranch. My kids are 13 and 10 and felt they were too "old" for what was being offered. If you have young kids or seniors-you will have an enjoyable time. In my opinion, if on a time restricted visit-go somewhere else. Most natives of Phoenix have never heard of it. My kids opinion-"hokey".