“Good restaurant in a culinary wasteland”
Review of Scuttlebutts Restaurant - CLOSED

Scuttlebutts Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 27, 2012

This is an old fashioned restaurant - old fashioned in that the ingredients taste like they are made from scratch. My pizza was delicious! Beautiful fresh vegetables, great tomato sauce. My husband's ravioli was delicious - each lovely flavor was distinct. Service is friendly. You won't be "dining", but you will be well fed. For the area it's a 5 star, but I don't want to mislead anyone to thinking this is gourmet - it's just very good.

6  Thank tripsterVancouver_Bc

Reviewed November 28, 2011

This place is the best kept secret in AJ. I’m reluctant to tell about it fearing it will get too busy. It is obvious they use only the finest ingredients. The pizza has sooo much flavor. We get the very thin crust. The pasta dishes and salads are outstanding as well. Try trhe ceasar dressing. Don’t judge the place by the outside. Inside is lovely with Sinatra music in the background. It is our absolute FAVORITE place.

4  Thank Ronomaha
Reviewed November 14, 2011

If you love Italian food as I do ; you have to try Scuttlebutts. The food is rich in the flavor of real Italian crusine with good size portions that leave you full ;yet it taste so good you'd wish that you would have room for more! The hardess thing to do there is to pick out what to choose . My wife and myself Love it all!

3  Thank gerard g
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Our first visit was the night we moved here in October 2010, based on some good reviews we decided to go. From the outside it doesn't look like much at all, like a small shack. Inside is nice, clean and cozy. We've dined in several times and ordered pizza to go several times since then and haven't been disappointed once. Their white pizza is really a white pizza and very good. The spaghetti dinner special is a real deal with lots of pasta, great sauce and huge meatballs. I've had the ravioli, fettucini and several other items too and all were very good. Not a fancy place, maybe not at the top of a fine dining list, but certainly a good place to eat for not too much money.

3  Thank Progrocklady
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Have now tried this place twice, and have to say we were disappointed both times. My calzone was very watery and tasteless. One guest got the frog legs and he was not impressed. The other person ordered a fish dinner and thought it was pretty good, but average. So, not horrible food by any means, but just so-so.