“Cow Palace is Back to Excellence!”
Review of Cow Palace

Cow Palace
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Amado
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Cow Palace dates back to the 1920's and was once an old general store, commissary, bar, and a great place for cowboys, movie stars and friends to gather. The menu features not only hand cut steaks but also great burgers, salads, fish, Italian and Mexican entrees, bar app's and lots more! The Cow Palace is a Historic bar and restaurant with lots of old world charm, friendly staff and a comfortable atmosphere. Come and Visit Us!
Reviewed September 24, 2012

After a series of owners in recent years, some good and some not so good, the Cow Palace has now regained it's position as one of the best restaurants in Santa Cruz County, AZ. The new owners have updated the facilities turning the restaurant into a more upscale restaurant, yet retaining the comfortable western motif and friendliness that this long time restaurant has always had at it's location in Amado. Cozy private booths, linen tablecloths, attentive, nicely dressed waite staff, fast service and excellent food are the new positive additions! We were pleasantly surprised when we went there for a birthday dinner last weekend. We would recommend to those who have not been there for awhile, to once again try this excellent restaurant! You, too will be pleased and happy with your dining experience.

5  Thank SimplyArizona
There are newer reviews for Cow Palace

Reviewed September 18, 2012

One of my favorite place to eat in the 90's and still today. I decided to take the family out to dinner at the Cow Palace last week. I have never seen a 10 year old eat a whole slab of ribs until that evening :-) On the ride home my son was asking when we could go back. My sirloin was cooked to perfection and was very tender and flavorful. The restaurant is clean, the food is good, and the service was great. Keep it up Cow Palace. Next up....BREAKFAST!

4  Thank AZCARDZ
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband, mother, and I have been taking a lovely morning drive from Sahuarita to the Cow Palace every Sunday for about 3 months. We enjoy eating our delicious breakfast in the true old west atmosphere. The breakfast menu is varied, including some really great Mexican dishes, and the servings are ample. My mother loves the Cowbelle because the staff will substitute a small bowl of fresh fruit for hashbrowns and the raisin toast is the best. They will even substitue a pancake for toast or an English muffin for a tortilla. The omelets are huge and full of filling. Staff members are very friendly and greet us like old friends. The pricing on the breakfasts is a great value. We like the new booths and small decor changes the new owners have made. It's a local gem of a place and we look forward to returning every week.

6  Thank SherylBlue
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The steak & egg breakfast is the best!! I also love the Friday fish fry & the prime rib specials on the weekend. My wife & I look forward to eating here weekly. The microbrew on tap is locally brewed & tastes delicious. We love to support our locally owned & operated businesses.

Don Stuart, Owner, Arizona Mineral Works

7  Thank Don S
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I go to the Cow Palace weekly and have for some time. We love the new owners. Food is great. We have had some issues with service in the bar at night with one particular staff member but we have been assured that the issue will be resolved.

7  Thank trisha s