“Terrible --- Don't stay here”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here for one night after moving our son into his dorm at Auburn University. The air conditioner did not operate effectively. My wife was bitten by some type of bug - not sure what kind. Had roaches in our room and the front desk and maids were aware of this problem and they blamed the bugs on a nearby trailer park!! The staff did not seem concerned at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Don J
Vic P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Guest, I apologize for any inconvenience our hotel may have caused you. I am aware of the situation you had mentioned above and I will do everything in my will power to make sure this does not occur again. I have contacted you regarding this matter and resolved it. If I may assist you any further please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. Vic

Reviewed August 4, 2013

From first impression to leaving we loved this hotel.
Friendly welcome from reception, told where everything was and the manager told us to check out the guy who wrote the lovely rose of Clare that night in the bar which was great fun, the age profile was about thirty years older then us but the bar was buzzing with people singing along.
The breakfast was nice and again the staff were great, room was nice with flat screen tv and stereo , leisure centre is new and clean. Food in the bar was ok a bit boring but cheap. Will be back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Vic P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking your time to post this review. I am glad you had fun and your stay was pleasant at Econo Lodge. Looking forward to seeing you again on your next trip in this area. Vic Patel

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have stayed at this place many of times. I can say it’s a really good place with friendly staff. The breakfast was good it’s at the Waffle House; you cannot beat that for sure. I love the new pillow top beds and new LCD TV's. It’s like walking into a new motel room with lot lower price. Keep up the good work you all are doing Vik.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PatrickD3800
Vic P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Please call the hotel directly for your future hotel needs in Auburn area. Vic Patel

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is a average Econo Lodge with a few extras. Complimentary breakfast next door at Waffle House was nice. Front desk staff was very nice and helpful. All the rest was as you expected, nothing fancy just a clean place to sleep and shower. Price was high but it was a football weekend. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AlabamaTraveler2012
Vic P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to post this review. We are glad that your experience was good. We are remodeling our entire hotel in Jan 2013 and we look forward to welcome you back to our hotel. Thanks, Vic Patel

Reviewed October 30, 2012

A whole group of people stayed here for a football weekend and reunion. One of the employees, a young woman who appears college age, was VERY nice and helpful. She is the ONLY reason for the one star I gave them. They over charged us by $522.70, so WATCH YOUR ACCOUNT! It doesn't appear to matter what amount is on your receipt, because that amount has NEVER shown up on our account! Mr. Patel has NOT handled this issue well and hung up on me. He waited a day to get back to me and his excuse was the previous day was not his work hours so therefore he would not handle this situation then. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The accommodations were smelly and we had bugs, many bugs.... The mirror at the vanity was filthy, there was water all over the vanity, and the room smelled of smoke. It was a non-smoking room. Stay somewhere else or drive home after the game. Except for the one very nice girl at the front desk, this place is a zero.

Room Tip: If you wish to sleep, DON'T stay on the side by the Supper Club.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 94Elle94
Vic P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

I apologize for any inconvenience our hotel may have caused to you. You made your reservation using your debit card and upon check in we authorized full amount for 2 nights of stay on it. Upon check out you decided to split the payment with another card. Debit cards usually take upto 48-72 hours for authorization to release. It is beyond our control for this hold to be released. If this hold stays on your account after 72 hours please feel free to contact me and I will personally contact your bank.

Vic Patel

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Buyer Beware...Terrible customer service! You better hope that everything goes 100% according to plan because if not, they will give you no sympathy. I was quoted one cancellation policy at the time of booking and when I called to cancel my reservation, I was told the policy was different, I had missed the window and there was nothing they were going to do about it. Don't bother askign to speak to a manager....They are all independently owned which allows the GM to have no accountability and because of this I will NEVER book at another 'Choice Hotel' location AGAIN.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wanderlust205
Vic P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Customer,

I apologize for the inconvenience that you may have inquired from our hotel. Our cancellation policy for all Football Weekends have been set for 30 Days prior to arrival. If we are able to sell your room, we will gladly sell it, and cancel your reservation with no charges. Currently, your reservation is number one on our cancellation list.

If you have any further questions feel free to call the hotel back, and speak with me directly.

Vic Patel
GM

Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

It's an Econo lodge, dated musty smelling basic lodging. Cheap basic. Stayed here several times. If you get on the side of the war eagle supper club it can be loud on the weekends . Instead of a cheap continual breakfast they do give you coupons to the waffel house

• Stayed: August 2012