“No complaints”

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Auburn
Lakeland, United States
“No complaints”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Great location, great staff, clean rooms, great price. I've stayed here twice and would definitely recommend it! The staff is very friendly and the complimentary breakfast is much better than most free breakfasts I've had before.

1 Thank Marta C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Florence, United States
Reviewed March 30, 2014

WIFI was non existent and woke up to ants all over the room . I called the front desk and asked about the wifi and they said sometimes it kicks you off , I was never able to stay connected more than a couple of minutes. This was not just one device, we had 2 iphones a laptop and an ipad that all would not stay connected. The ants were not seen till we woke up. I went to the front desk to tell of the ants and checkout , after waiting over 10 minutes I left my keycards on the front desk and left.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Beds were very comfortable. Our room was 1/3 updated. The bathroom was updated... small but adequate. Ceilings are low- if you are tall, you will be claustrophobic. Decor, bed frames, carpet, hardware& furniture are still in 80s - while the lobby has been beautifully updated. Overall the hotel is clean and has a great breakfast. Nice warm cookie awaits you when you arrive at night.

The room was mostly clean accept for the dirty bathroom door and broken bathroom lock.

We requested a late checkout and the best they could give us as an elite member was 12:30. Springhill or Holiday Inn usually gives us 1:30 or 2pm (happily!) Very disappointing. It does no good to be an elite member. For $100/night, you would think a 2pm late checkout is a reasonable request - especially when we usually check-in around 8-10 pm the night before.

Wrote to 2 managers regarding the late checkout issue, broken door lock - plus the cleanliness. It's been almost 4 days, and not a word from them.

While in the lobby, also heard the front clerk complaining to staff in the back about customers requesting for late checkouts. Not professional. But most other staff we ran into were nice and pleasant.

West Jefferson, AL., United States
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This hotel is simply the best thing about my recent trip to Auburn. The facility is top notch, the service is impeccable, and the amenities are limitless! I would not consider staying any where else! When you combine a staff that treats you like family with the absolute best breakfast bar ever in a hotel and throw in a mattress that lets you sleep the sleep of the dead - they leave no room for discontentment! I'm sold - Hampton customer for life!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Madsion, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We really liked our stay at the hotel. The staff was nice. The beds were clean and slept well. There was an odor when entering the room, but it was not over whelming. The breakfast was satisfying. It was close to the campus and located to restaurants.

Fort Rucker, Alabama
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We travel for Swim team at least once a month. Unfortunately we ended up at the Hampton Inn on College st this time. I am very disappointed. Read online there was a fridge and microwave. Cooked for days before our trip and had all our meals made ahead and all I needed to do was leave them in the fridge and throw them in the microwave before eating. We get to hotel and there was no fridge or microwave in our 2 double bed room. Front desk then told us it was only for king rooms. All meals were thrown away. We booked this room for 5 guest and had requested a Roll away bed and 5 towels in the room. There were only 4 towels in the room when we arrived. Wouldn't give us an extra one without exchanging it for one we already had (I guess people steal hotel towels?) Then the front desk told us we couldn't have roll away bed because it was a fire hazard. How in the world are 5 people supposed to sleep in 2 double beds? We went out and bought a twin size mattress that fit just fine in the room and a roll away bed would of too. The room itself smelt like mildew. There was also black mold growing underneath the soap holder in the shower. I made sure to take a picture of that. I was expecting to get travel bag breakfast before leaving for meet and they were not available. The whole hotel smelt like cigarette smoke. The elevator closest to the main desk smelt strong of urine. I woke up early one morning and went downstairs to the hotel front desk lady talking on speaker phone with a man and say very rude and inappropriate things. This went on for at least 20 minutes as I heard their whole conversation sitting down in the breakfast area drinking my coffee. I was disgusted. We will never stay at this hotel again. If we must stay we will move along to Holiday Inn Express. This hotel is also very old. If you stay here, consider yourself warned.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn in Opelika if you must stay at a Hampton Inn. Much better!
Opelika, Alabama
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stay at the Hampton Inn Auburn several times per year. My experience has always been good. The staff is courteous and responsive and the hotel is conveniently located near Auburn University. The room rates seem reasonable and fair, and my rooms have always been clean when I arrive. The only reason that I don't give this hotel an "excellent" rating is because some of the amenities in the rooms are worn and dated, particularly the plumbing fixtures. The toilet may flush loudly or run for while. On my most recent stay, I noticed that my sink was slow to drain. Nevertheless, this hotel continues to be my hotel of choice and I believe it is an affordable and decent alternative to the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo