“Great stay”
Review of Hampton Inn Auburn

Hampton Inn Auburn
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My fiance and I were in town to visit the Small Animal Clinic at Auburn University with our dog. We drove in late from Birmingham and it was 1 in the morning before we could even begin to look for a hotel. We called several but were left with rude and snippy people at the front desks. The greeting we received from Hampton Inn and the staff was warm and welcoming and they were able to give us great directions. The hotel was very nice and clean, allowed us a later check out so we could get a little extra sleep and the breakfast was very very good. If in town again, we would most definitely stay there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BuffiG
Jane B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Buffi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay at our property.

I am so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that our staff met your expectations. We take guest service very seriously...it is our business after all!

Our staff is like a family, and our guests are an extension of that family. As you experienced, we have some great team members and even better management staff in place to maintain this high level of service. I will absolutely pass on your wonderful review to them!

We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to Auburn! War Eagle!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Auburn

Reviewed December 12, 2011

My husband and I reserved a suite, but when we arrived at 4:30 pm, the room we reserved had not been cleaned, and we were asked to accept a regular room for $99 a night. Our regular room was musty, the bed was lumpy and not made up in a neat way, and the room looked and smelled old. The upholstry on the chair was stained and worn, and the chair cushion was lumpy. I felt like I was in a run down hotel, and had paid too much. The computer in the business center had not been maintained, and had a virus, so that it locked up constantly when I tried to check my email. Breakfast had a good selection of choices, but the quality of the food was cheap. None of it tasted good or fresh. Items were stale. Eggs were "plastic." The housekeeping staff kept knocking at our door early the next morning to clean our room, even after we told them we would be checking out later in the morning. My husband and I came to Auburn to visit our daughter for her birthday. Our experience at Hampton Inn took away from the enjoyment of our visit.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Jutedog,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Auburn in December 2011.

I am writing to address some of the challenges you encountered during your stay at our property.

Unfortunately, the guest that stayed in your suite the night before you arrived departed late and put a bit of a time crunch on our housekeeping staff trying their best to have the room ready when you arrived.

Our hotel features Hampton Cloud 9 Bedding which includes a fluffy duvet cover. It can sometimes look a bit lumpy because of the filling being gathered in certain areas. We get a lot of compliments on our cushy bedding, so hopefully you slept well dispite the bumps! :)

We are always working to improve all our guest offerings, including our selections for breakfast. We have made some changes to the brands of items ordered and have a wonderful breakfast buffet that is offered free for all our guests.

I do offer my apologies for the poor experience you suffered. I invite you back to stay with us, and I assure you that your next experience will be a better one!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed here for a football game. The Tiger Tran picks up right behind the hotel and got us to the stadium in about 15 minutes. Happy hour Friday night at the hotel was nice - beer, wine, and snacks! Breakfast Saturday morning was very good, as well. Waffles, eggs, cereal, oatmeal, toast, bagels, you name it!! Room was clean and comfortable!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie P
Reviewed October 27, 2011

This place is horrible. The manager (Mark) charged my card without my permission and refused to refund it. Not only did he refuse, he said he could refund it but was "choosing not to" in spite of the fact that he "had the power to do so." It was only $32, but seriously? The customer service was APPALLING. They couldn't find my name or reservation or why the card was charged the awkward amount. In frustration before the call was over as I continued to calmly press him on the issue, he hung up on me to answer his cell phone (that I could hear ringing). The location may be great, but that's the only good thing about this hotel. MANAGEMENT IS ATROCIOUS and is no wonder why it has a bad reputation.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank rustyt22

Rustyt22,

I would like to thank you for the feedback you have provided about the Hampton Inn Auburn. I am writing to address some of your concerns.

I would like to point out that you did not actually stay at the hotel. The $32 employee rate that you were charged was because you unfortunately were not able to visit and you did not cancel your reservation. You say this was an "awkward rate" so perhaps a friend that worked for the hotel brand reserved the room for you and didn't tell you what the rate was?

While the manager on duty does have the authority to make some decisions regarding guest billing, the GM is really the only person that can authorize a refund, and the person you refer to in your comment is not the GM.

I assure you that we take guest service very seriously, and we certainly are not pleased that you were unhappy with your experience, especially with having been charged. Our rule is if we hold the room for you and are not able to sell it to someone else while having it held for you, we do charge you what we refer to as a "no-show" charge for not cancelling. This is what happened with your reservation.

I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to show you the true southern charm our property has during your next planned visit to Auburn.

Your comments have been reviewed with all department managers and General Manager. We thank you for the feedback. We are constantly working to improve the service we offer, and feedback like yours will only help us in that quest!

Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn while visiting Auburn during the summer. The location was perfect for the summer. It was across from the State Park, and close to the water park. It was about five minutes from downtown Auburn, and a short ride by interstate to Tiger Town. However, it might not be an ideal location for a football game unless you plan to drive to the stadium. It is too far to walk. The rooms were very clean. It was a great price, less expensive than many of the other places I've stayed in Auburn. And it's definitely cleaner and nice than many of the hotels I've seen in Auburn. There was an excellent breakfast, plus they had an evening taco buffet. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian_of_Cleveland
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Must have been the economy or the football weekend but the service was horrible. The room looked as though they had not had time to finish cleaning...there were only 2 towels left and NO Shampoo. My wife call down to the front desk and requested shampoo and they told her she would have to come down to pick-up the shampoo. Since, they GUT you with the room prices, you would think they would have the rooms cleaned with shampoo & soap!! The room probably should go for $99/ night but since it was a football weekend they took us for $299/ night. RipOff

Room Tip: If you're a Hilton Honors Member it doesn't mean squat...bring your own maid with you, you...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Stea1th,

I would like to thank you for writing a review, and I would like to extend my apologizes to you for the challenges faced during your stay.

As with any job, there are times when things are overlooked or missed. This was the situation regarding the shampoo missing from your room. Unfortunately, the housekeeper that cleaned your room neglected to provide a bottle of shampoo for you. This is not a normal practice, and we do have supervisors that inspect all rooms before they are released to be rented. They are in place to catch those mistakes, and I apologize that they didn't.

When a guest requests an in-room amenity or additional items, our front desk staff is more than happy to deliver the requested items to the guest room. Unfortunately, the weekend you stayed was a busy event weekend and that is why we were unable to bring the missing shampoo to your room. The desk agents often become busy with check ins and phone calls. However, the front desk should have made a better effort to find someone to bring the shampoo and additional towels to your room.

Your feedback has been reviewed by our management staff and we are using this information as training agenda for our staff. Thank you for your honesty. It helps us improve where we may be lacking!

I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to show you the great service typical of our property the next time you are in the Auburn area.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Hampton Inn, 2430 S. College St, Auburn AL one night October 7th.

Room was clean, desk clerk very helpful, provided info on local area.
Room was king size, very clean. Bed a bit too soft for us, and the selection of
pillows was lacking a lot. Only 4 small pillows on a king bed and these
were either heavily used or contained very little stuffing. I carry my own
pillows so not a problem for me but wife did not sleep well due to lack of
at least one firm pillow. AC worked great, lots of water pressue and hot water.
Overall not a bad experience, except for the bed and pillows.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Mrqcace,

I am writing to thank you for providing your feedback about the Hampton Inn Auburn. While we strive to provide a wonderful guest experience for all our hotel guests, there are times when we do not succeed in that goal.

I apologize that your wife suffered from a bad night’s sleep! We certainly want guests to rest well while staying with us. We have undergone a renovation of our bedding since you stayed. The new bedding is called Tranquility Nights and we have received many compliments on the comfort of this new bedding.

We do offer feather and synthetic pillows, and are happy to provide more of one if a guest prefers one type over the other. I am also quite picky about my own pillow, so I can certainly understand that ours will never make up for the pillow on your own bed, but we are happy to only provide the synthetic pillows for those who prefer a firmer pillow and feather for those who like a soft pillow.

If you make a request regarding your pillow preference during the time that you reserve your guest room, we can go in before you arrive and provide only the type of pillow that you prefer!

Thank you again for staying with us, and for your feedback. We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to Auburn...and with only synthetic pillows on the bed!