“Fine hotel-great location”

Clarion Inn & Suites University Center
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Booked this hotel for an Auburn game so rated were up at bit, but with the free breakfast and walking distance ( 2 miles) to the stadium, we were pleasantly surprized. Room had refrid/micro. when we checked in the refrig wasn't working, within minutes they came to replace with a working unit. Don't be afraid. Not the newest or cleanest, but not scary either.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn & Suites University Center

Reviewed July 25, 2010

Wow what a great surprise, I highly recommend this hotel, it is very well run with a friendly staff, the rooms are very nice, and although the hotel is a little older in is in great shape and very clean. Did I mention it's a great value!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2010

The stay at Lexington Hotel University Convention was great. The personnell was there and eager to assist. Everybody was friendly and supplied our every need. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. The managers there not only managed but was there when we needed them. My hats are off to the staff and the condition of the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2009

The rooms are newly rennovated and well appointed & the staff is friendly and helpful. We came to Camp War Eagle for Auburn University. The hotel has a business center that my son could look up information about school; a workout facility that he was able to utilize; a pool for me to cool off in in the afternoon! The cost is reasonable and we're near enough to the school that we don't have to spend a lot of time traveling to get there...only 2 miles away!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2009

I actually checked out of this hotel about 1 hour after arrival and checked into another hotel in Opeilika making this the first time in my life I have paid NOT to stay somewhere. The hotel is beyond filthy, seedy, and run-down. I travel for both business and with my family for frequent weekend trips. I have never seen a hotel in such a condition with such utterly complacent staff. Auburn is a small town with few available hotels during big events and the attitude here is definitely "take it or leave it." My advice is leave it- or never arrive at all. Better to stay in a nearby town than at this hotel, particularly if you are traveling with children.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank familytraveler080
Reviewed April 20, 2009

The room was not ready when we got there even when arrived long after the check in time. We waited for almost an hour at the lobby. The toilet did not flush and we had to ask the maintenance guy who was also fixing next door. The room was dusty esp when we had the fan on. I should have brought my own beddings and towels. The shower room is filthy. One of the tiny bar soap they supply must have been recycled as it was wet and slimy when I opened it. I think it was sitting on the water and they wiped it dry. It was disgusting.

Don't be deceived by the facade of the hotel as behind it is the old motel style rooms with open/outdoor lobbys where you can hear everyone passing by your room. The elevator only goes up to 2nd floor so if your room is on the 3rd floor then you better have muscles. It has only one computer in the lobby for everyone to use. The pool looks dirty and I would not let my son near it.

It is cheap but NOT WORT IT. There are so many budget hotels around that offer a better service and comfortable room.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank tennis09
Reviewed April 19, 2009

This is a former Days Inn. It was while I was at college at Auburn (2000-2004) and must have just recently changed hands as the hotel room cards still had the Days Inn logo on them.

If you book on the website, be prepared for some issues. I booked a single room and somehow ended up with a reservation for two rooms. The staff seemed totally unsurprised by this.

The room was not ready when I arrived (even though it was well after check in time). I, along with several others, had to wait more than an hour for our rooms to be ready.

Hotel advertises free wireless internet. While it is true that there is wireless and it is free, the signal strength (at least in my room) is so low as to be totally unusable. The only place in the hotel that had a sufficiently strong signal was the lobby.

The room quality is what could best be described as typical for a motel built in the 70s. Maintenance needed some work; my toilet ran nearly constantly for the weekend.

Now, having said all that, the location is great - only a few miles out of downtown. It's easy to get to, convenient, and the price - low - is right.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo