“Perfect for visiting your college student!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Auburn
Crenshaw Guest House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Auburn B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Perfect for visiting your college student!”
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Lynn and George made us feel so welcome and their beautiful guesthouse is a superior alternative to generic hotels. They also serve a lovely, fresh breakfast.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Waterdown On
Reviewed March 1, 2011

Lynn the newly drafted innkeeper who with her husband own Crenshaw is ,in spite of her protestations , is a natural host
M and M s ,new magazines and flexibility i..e. -"use the computer "-and the accomodation itself make this just that much more comfortable than many good B and B 's

Dennis and June

Semmes Alabama
Reviewed February 27, 2011

My husband and I were visiting Auburn for a basketball game and decided to stay at Crenshaw House. I don't believe I have ever stayed in a place that had such a balance of professionalism as well as making you feel like you were visiting in a friends home. The rooms were exceptional, with all your needs in place.

Some of the little details (which made it feel like home) was having access to the porches and grounds--which were just beautiful! Also the host and hostess (after finding I was a very early riser) prepared the coffee pot for coffee the next morning and told me just to press the button and help myself. Talking about the perfect way to make a guest comfortable!

I loved the way you communicated your desired breakfast time with the staff--with a dry erase board--that you wrote the time yourself. We had a wonderful breakfast of blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit with sausage and bacon, as well as juice and coffee. Not only was the food scrumptious, the company was just great. All were enjoying themselves and were happy to be staying there.

To say we had a delightful stay is an understatement. George, Lynn and Chris made it so very special. My husband and I both left feeling like all travelers should---well rested with the warm feeling of tranquility that comes from a weekend get away. We will surely come again!

Montgomery, AL
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I found them online when I was looking for a place to celebrate my wedding anniversary. The other reviews plus the photos on the site convinced me it was worth a try. It exceeded all our expectations.

The house is a beautiful restored Victorian home from the 1890s and the owners have all sorts of incredible Auburn memorabilia. We stayed in the Bay room which is actually a two-room suite with a sitting area. The room and really the whole house was so charming. From the furnishings to the draperies to the clawfoot tub/shower and all the original wood trim work, it's pretty much exactly what we love in going to a great bed and breakfast. Plus the place was absolutely one of the cleanest places I've ever stayed, period.

The owners are wonderful hosts and so much fun to talk with and the breakfast of homemade french toast, hashbrown casserole, smoked sausage and bacon was awesome.

I really can't say enough good things without coming off like some paid marketer for them. I promise that's not the case. I'm just so happy that I found this place and tried it out. Likely to become at the very least an annual visit for us, if not more. We only wish we had the whole weekend to stay.

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Such a pleasure meeting George, Lynn, & Chris & such a pleasure staying at the Crenshaw Guest House. These guys have really nailed this thing. The hospitality was phenomenal. The house was clean, comfortable, and really felt like home. The delicious home-cooked breakfast and fellowship with fellow guests on Sunday morning was also special. There was absolutely nothing about our weekend at Crenshaw that could have been any better. Absolutely everything was wonderful. Perfect! It is the obvious things like a clean house, clean room, clean property, and wonderful meal that make it good, but it's the small touches like meeting us in the driveway, helping us with our bags, giving us a tour and history of the house, and the delightful conversations that make it fantastic. These guys have done a phenomenal job. We are already looking forward to our next visit.

Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Traveled with my daughter for an interview at Auburn. The B & B is within walking distance of downtown. We stayed in the Carriage house. It was quiet and cozy. The owner was so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious. Wished we could have stayed longer was very relaxing.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Nice B&B just on the outskirts of downtown Auburn. The couple that runs the facility are very nice, and bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable. The house is comfortable and roomy.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business