“Absolutely perfect. Can't say enough good things.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Auburn
Crenshaw Guest House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Auburn B&B and Inns
Montgomery, AL
“Absolutely perfect. Can't say enough good things.”
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I found them online when I was looking for a place to celebrate my wedding anniversary. The other reviews plus the photos on the site convinced me it was worth a try. It exceeded all our expectations.

The house is a beautiful restored Victorian home from the 1890s and the owners have all sorts of incredible Auburn memorabilia. We stayed in the Bay room which is actually a two-room suite with a sitting area. The room and really the whole house was so charming. From the furnishings to the draperies to the clawfoot tub/shower and all the original wood trim work, it's pretty much exactly what we love in going to a great bed and breakfast. Plus the place was absolutely one of the cleanest places I've ever stayed, period.

The owners are wonderful hosts and so much fun to talk with and the breakfast of homemade french toast, hashbrown casserole, smoked sausage and bacon was awesome.

I really can't say enough good things without coming off like some paid marketer for them. I promise that's not the case. I'm just so happy that I found this place and tried it out. Likely to become at the very least an annual visit for us, if not more. We only wish we had the whole weekend to stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Such a pleasure meeting George, Lynn, & Chris & such a pleasure staying at the Crenshaw Guest House. These guys have really nailed this thing. The hospitality was phenomenal. The house was clean, comfortable, and really felt like home. The delicious home-cooked breakfast and fellowship with fellow guests on Sunday morning was also special. There was absolutely nothing about our weekend at Crenshaw that could have been any better. Absolutely everything was wonderful. Perfect! It is the obvious things like a clean house, clean room, clean property, and wonderful meal that make it good, but it's the small touches like meeting us in the driveway, helping us with our bags, giving us a tour and history of the house, and the delightful conversations that make it fantastic. These guys have done a phenomenal job. We are already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Traveled with my daughter for an interview at Auburn. The B & B is within walking distance of downtown. We stayed in the Carriage house. It was quiet and cozy. The owner was so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious. Wished we could have stayed longer was very relaxing.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Nice B&B just on the outskirts of downtown Auburn. The couple that runs the facility are very nice, and bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable. The house is comfortable and roomy.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I rented the carriage house for me and my four students who were going to a leadership conference at Auburn University. The website said the room held 5 people. There was a queen, a full, and a twin. The day before we left, a parent decided to go as a chaperone. Since there was obviously enough room for all of us to sleep there, I said that it would be fine. Upon arriving I told the keeper of our situation and even offered to pay extra for the extra person now staying in the room. The keeper flipped out. She said that it was not enough room, and made excuses like their neighbors hate them and try to find any reason to get them in trouble. She also stated that you wouldn't want two full grown people in the loft on the full bed. She said that she hated the online registration because it did not allow her to know who all was staying in the room. She said that there was no way possible for the 6th person to stay in the room with us and there was SOOOOOOOOOOO much extra room. She also made the statement that she was already losing money on the room (even though I offered to pay extra). She offered to rent us an extra room at a "discounted rate." I honestly think that this woman just wanted to squeeze more money out of us. Since the school system was paying there was no way for us to do this. I can with the check for the room we had already booked. The mother was forced to rent a room somewhere else (we were not giving them any more business). Other than that, the beds were extremely uncomfortable. We all woke up hurting. The curtin shower was moldy.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2011

We had a great time at the Crenshaw House. Everyone made us feel like family and the house was just wonderful along with the food. This is a must stay if in Auburn.

• Stayed January 2011
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed January 17, 2011

This was some what a spur of the moment get together with some family and friends. I was going to Auburn where my little gymnastic team was to be the pre-meet entertainment before an Auburn meet. Ended up my family and friends were able to have the whole bottom of the house for our quarters for the evening, it was perfect. We felt so at home and were able to visit so comfortably. The beds were extremely comfortable. Our only complaint is it was a little too warm in the house that night, but I'm sure that could be worked out. The breakfast was really good the next morning.
Thanks you so much for a nice stay, we will be back:)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family