Crenshaw Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsb bthe main housecarriage housebed and breakfastbreakfast was deliciousfront porchwonderful hostssteve sarahauburn universitythatch cottagemy daughterexcellent accommodationstwo room suitequichenext morningother guestsfriendly place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2011

George and family make everyone feel comfortable and welcomed as soon as you arrive. Great atmosphere and beautiful grounds. Thank you for a great visit!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cmoaro1
Reviewed June 6, 2011

The best of the best! Lynn is a great hostess and Chris is an awesome bfast chef! You cannot ask for more personal attention than the Crenshaw Guest House!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank tripqueen
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Great place to stay. Very comfortable and great hospitality. Would definitely say this rates over any hotel you could stay at in Auburn.

Room Tip: Do not let photos decieve, all rms are great
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Laxson
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I want to give this B&B a perfect review but, I can't. The owner Lynn was so wonderful and welcoming. The breakfast was out of this world. The problem was the with the room. We stayed in the carriage house which sounded charming. It was actually uncomfortable. Old worn out mattress on the Queen bed, flat worn pillows and a roach problem. We weren't aware of the bug problem until the morning when we woke to see I had stepped on a roach during a midnight trip to the bathroom. How many were running around if, I could squash one getting out of bed? I also spotted a can of Raid under the kitchen sink. So, someone knew about the problem. Hopefully, these are issues in the process of being corrected because I truly believe this B&B could be wonderful.

Room Tip: Skip the carriage house
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deedeeoftn
CrenshawGuestHouse, Owner at Crenshaw Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

The Carriage House is the most popular and frequently rented room on the property. The room was built 120+ years ago on a very low crawl space, and is not as tight as it could be. In extremely hot, dry weather conditions, roaches will attempt to enter the building in search of moisture. The in place extermination on going program, while effective, does poison the roaches which typically die a public death several days after application. The can I use to spray the door frame area to lesson the chance bugs will enter when guests leave the front door open for whatever reason. This is the one room that has a screen door, which some guest use for extended periods. This screen door also has tiny gaps large enough to allow very small creatures refuge when the main door is left open. There have been not other complaints regarding the beds, though I did replace worn pillows.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

I lucked out recently when Auburn University Hotel had no room available for my stay when taking classes recently. I found Crenshaw B & B online and noted its close location to AU. The home is nestled in a beautiful neighborhood and is a magnificent old home. Lynn was wonderful when I made arrangements, and George proved to be a wonderful and gracious host. He made my stay very delightful. Their nephew, Chris, made wonderful breakfasts and they even accomodated me when my class began very early one morning so that I could have a good breakfast prior to the regularly schedule breakfast time. I will be back for a personal visit, for sure!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business