“Cesare's Revisited”
Review of Cesare Ristorante - CLOSED

Cesare Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Our town of Auburn, California is honored to have such a wonderful Italian cusine available to all of us. It was about 95 degrees in the shade but the air conditioner was working very well. My friend and I were celebrating our birthdays. When I first visited the restaurant, the owner came over to our table and chatted with us. My favorite dish is gnocchi but they did not have it on the menu. He told me that the next time I came for dinner I only needed to call ahead and they would fix the gnocchi for me. When I first arrived, they told me that they would not be able to serve me the gnocchi. I told them I was disappointed but would choose something else on the menu. I was seated as I waited for my friend and the waiter came to my table and told me that the chef had agreed to prepare the gnocchi. I know for a fact that this pasta is imported from Italy so I know it would be excellent. It was one happy Sicilian gal to enjoy the gnocchi with pesto sauce. I tasted my friend's spaghetti Alla Carbonara with carmelized onions, peas, hard boiled eggs, prosciutto and black peppercorn in a sherry-wine reduction. It was "Delicioso."
They have outdoor seating but no one wanted to eat outside at 90 plus degrees. The wait staff is very attentive and I will be going back again.

2  Thank GrammyJ43
Reviewed May 31, 2014

It was so exciting to finally have an Italian Restaurant in Auburn that was worth talking about. As you may remember, my family heritage is from the Province of Caltanisetta in Sicily. I was so please to know that the owner's Mother was from the same Province where my relatives still live. The owner was very engaging and very welcoming.
We had a nice variety of foods since each guest had their own favorites. My choice was the Pasta Alla Norma with tomato, basil, garlic, eggplant and grated hard ricotta cheese with penne pasta. Our waiter was one of the owner's sons and he had been involved in his father's business ever since he was very young. He told us that the sauce that they make is a 40 year old recipe. One of the other guests ordered a meatball pizza and another guest ordered Spaghetti Putanesco with tomatoes, olives, capers and prosciutti. We were all very well satisifed with the wonderful flavors. My guests were kind enough to share a taste and it was marvelous. I'll go back there again and again since they really know how to prepare Italian Food. It was a lovely evening and they have outdoor dining. Service was excellent. When you are on your way to Tahoe on Interstate 80, come into downtown Auburn and enjoy this gem of a restaurant. They also have a restaurant in Newcastle off Interstate 80. La Fornaretta, 455 Main St #4, Newcastle, CA 95658, (916) 663-1338