Tripadvisor
Auburn
Post
Inbox
Search

“Walk in the door. You are had. Great food”

Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #17 of 276 Restaurants in Auburn
Description: Authentic, Southern Bar-B-Q. Meats are slow-smoked around the clock to ensure only the freshest product. All trimmings are made from scratch daily (there's not a freezer in the entire building!) Dine In, Drive Thru, To Go, Private Dining, and Catering available.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed across the street at Marriott. Asked the representative is the BBQ place across the street was any good... He said probably the best... Walk in the door and the aroma of the cooking that has been happening al day smack you in the face and you are better for it. Generous portions and the best BBQ in Alabama: Period...

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (167)

Reviewed December 30, 2019

This was the first time I have eaten at this Jim & Nick's, but I have eaten at others. I have never been to one that wasn't packed with customers until this one. However, it was only not busy because the University was out for Christmas break.

The food was great! I love their cheese biscuits! I ordered the loaded baked potato with pulled pork. My husband had the brisket sandwich. Neither of us were disappointed. The only problem was that our server wasn't very attentive. We rarely saw her. When I needed more sour cream, I had to ask someone else to send her our way.

Still, it is a great restaurant and we would definitely eat here again.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 28, 2019 via mobile

I was in town for an overnight visit, and I was staying at a nearby hotel. I chose this place on proximity to the hotel, and I was very pleased at my choice. I was immediately seated, and the waitress was very prompt and friendly. I chose the ribeye steak, and it was cooked to perfection and had great taste and flavor. I normally don't order steak at a predominantly barbecue establishment, but I was rewarded by my selection. The salad appetizer was delicious as well. It was accompanied by a cold draft beer, which was very complimentary with the selection I chose. I would definitely recommend this establishment to anyone in the area looking for a great meal.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed October 1, 2019

The service was good and quick. The BBQ was good, good food quality and good taste. The corn bread was just average. The beef brisket was very good.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 25, 2019

The most important thing is the food quality: the food is good. I ordered beef brisket, and it was outstanding. I also tried their coleslaw, which I enjoyed immensely, and their deviled eggs, which I loved. In fact, they ran out of eggs and could only serve me two instead of the three I ordered, so they gave me some free BBQ beans. And the beans were good, too. The service was also top notch- professional and fast.

Date of visit: September 2019