“Comfort Me”

Niffer's Place
Ranked #10 of 220 Restaurants in Auburn
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Auburn-Opelika’s answer to fun & unique casual dining! Sandwiches, salads, burgers, wings, and more with unbeatable specials daily. Full bar and patio dining available. Mon-Wed 11am-10pm, Thurs-Sat 11am-10:30pm, Sun 11am-9pm. Reservations not accepted.
“Comfort Me”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

The corn nuggets, nachos and burgers are scrumptious to hit the spot. The burgers are cooked right and served on an awesome tasting and soft bun while having an abundance of choices to meet everyone's personal palate. The nachos are fresh and delish. The corn nuggets are some of the best you will eat. If you are in Auburn and seeking the ultimate comfort food restaurant, search no more, and enjoy Niffer's Place!

Braselton, Georgia
“Neat Place with Good Food”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a neat little place that I try and hit every time I'm in Auburn for a game or visiting. The menu is eclectic American with choices from healthy to fried Oreos. I've never had anything that wasn't good and I keep going back for more.

Decorations make this place special! When you go at a meal time, you might have to wait. It's worth it.

• Visited October 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Good memories, good food”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I heart Niffer's nuggets! Corn nuggets, that is. This was one of my favorite places to eat while I was studying at Auburn University. I love to come back when I have free time to visit Auburn. I always make a stop at Niffer's. The food is consistently wonderful. I especially love the veggie burger with Cajun fries.

• Visited September 2013
Dothan, Alabama
“Great food!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Really good food! My son, who is a college student, recommended it and we brought the whole family. A Saturday night with a party of 6 and we didn't have to wait very long. I would love to go back the next time we visit him.

• Visited August 2013
Newborn, Georgia
“Funky little joint”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This place has an ecclectic funky vibe to it. Arsty fartsy abstract "art" on the wall. It could be a birdcage with a fake chicken inside. Or some industrial lettering stuck on the wall next to an irreverant vanity plate of some sort.
Food wise. Food is good and fresh. I had a mango/avacado salad with jerk spiced chicken the other day that was pretty darn tasty. The avacado was a little hard for my taste, but otherwise it was delish.
Today I went there and had their buffalo wings with traditional sauce. $9.95 for 10 of them was a bit pricey. But, the wings were big. Nothing scrawney here. And (as the waiter advised), they take 15-16 minutes to come out because they drop them fresh with every order----NO pre boiled wings here (ala every wing chain). The blue cheese dressing tasted homemade. Very chunky.
My partners had the chicken parm sub. It was big and looked tasty. We also got an order of the chicken taquitos. Those things were off the chain good. Made fresh on site too. The wrapper was fried to a dark brown crisp with just the right amount of grease for my taste. A friend of mine said that he thought they were greasy, but I just consider that a bonus.
Anyway, the staff has the requisite tattoos up and down their arms and sometimes up and down the neck too. They were all polite and acted professionally.

Worth a stop by for lunch/dinner if you are in the area.

• Visited August 2013