“Fried green tomatoes...meh”

Niffer's Place
Ranked #9 of 229 Restaurants in Auburn
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Description: Auburn-Opelika’s answer to fun & unique casual dining! Sandwiches, salads, burgers, wings, and more with unbeatable specials daily. Full bar and patio dining available. Mon-Wed 11am-10pm, Thurs-Sat 11am-10:30pm, Sun 11am-9pm. Reservations not accepted.
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I ordered some Fried Green Tomatoes to carry out. The server on the phone was great, and when I got to the restaurant, he saw me walk in and addressed me by name before I even asked for my order. Never met him before, so I don't know how he did that. Was very quick and easy. The tomatoes however, weren't that good. The tomatoes were cut thin, and the breading was extremely thick. I felt like I was eating a cornmeal patty, and had to look to make sure there was a tomato actually inside. I got about 6 tomatoes, rather small, and paid over $9.00 for them. I'll probably go back there again, but I won't ask for the fried green tomatoes for sure!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went with my kids. Fun atmosphere, we love the corn nuggets. Beer is cold and cheap. Chicken sandwiches, that my kids had, were great. I ordered a salad but didn't get it with chicken like I wanted. Was still good but not enough for dinner. Will defintiely go back but will have chicken.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The watress never asked how we wanted our burgers cooke ,we had heard from a few locals they had the best around. Boy was they wrong!! BURNED every one, had to cut it with a knife!!!SAW like firewood. The waitress was rude and could care less, i suppose we didnt buy enough alcohol.

1  Thank 4PeasInApod2012
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I went to this place often when I lived in Auburn, and now I go there every time I am back. The food is really good, they have a large menu, the beer is cheap ($1.50 bottles domestic), the service is good, and the enviroment is fun. There is a big deck out front and there are wooden fishes hanging from the ceiling that have the names of past employees on them. This is my favorite place in Auburn and you won't go wrong going there.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was my go to restaurant in college. I lived a street over from the restaurant and went there anytime I wanted a great valued meal at a restaurant. They have exceptional corn nuggets and a delicious Terriakyi grilled chicken sandwich with a pineapple on top! If you know you will need extra sauce just wait to order it until your food comes because they will forget it when you order your food. The way the wait staff carries drinks is neat to watch. Burger night is stupendous along with Wing Night! I moved in May to Washington, DC and this is where I had my last Auburn meal because I knew I would miss it so much!