“Last Time Stay at This Hotel”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Auburn
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Auburn
ZACHARY
“Last Time Stay at This Hotel”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have stayed 3 times the last 6 years in this hotel, price has gotten higher each time. I booked it 5-6 months in advance to be able to get room close to Auburn campus to watch LSU play Auburn without having to drive miles after the game to get to hotel. I paid $279.99 a night plus taxes (state $11.20,county $5.60, city $19.60) = $316.39 a night for what is a $59.95 a night + taxes during the week ( I verified this price on internet). The bed was comfortable, room is small with only 1 queen bed. Has a refrigerator & a small closet to hang clothes. Bathroom is normal size, but you get only soap, no other amenities (shampoo, rinse, lotion). It also had iron, but no ironing board, & a safe to use. They do offer a small breakfast until 9:30am which was ok. I also had 2 other rooms that some of my friends stayed in & I know they were not happy with the price for room.
This a total shame & rip-off for what you get. It is close to the university, but not worth this kind of money. I will find some where else in 2 years again when I come back to Auburn again. I have paid over $200 a night for rooms before, but it was a very, very, nice room with plenty of perks & a very large room that was beautiful & super nice bathroom.
I had checked price on-line to book the rooms(15% break), but had trouble getting rooms reserved, so called the 800 number to get them reserved, but didn't get the 15% discount for booking in advanced in March on internet & didn't know I had to pay $279.99 unitl I checked in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank MARK S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
PRYOR
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Overall this is an average hotel. Arrived at 10:00 pm; Departed at 7:00 am.

Everything was fine except for the room air conditioner. Air Conditioner panel was broke; air conditioner was functional, but thermostat didn't regulate and it rattled when running. Bed Sheets didn't appear very clean.

I was only there for a few hours to sleep and then I was back on the road. I was tired, but I did get a good nights rest.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank BYRON K
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Very clean room, friendly staff, very good location, verygood price, HOT BREAKFAST...everything, More than expected...We had two rooms,both room were verygood..
Best hotel in Budget price..The parking lot is small; but the hotel is clean and the breakfast was awesome! They had milk & cereal, bagels, biscuits and gravy, bacon and those wonderful waffles.
Sleeping in room verygood...verybig mirror look very nice and give more pleasure.

Room Tip: New hotel, so everything look good to me .
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
georgia
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here with my family this past weekend. The parking lot is small; but the hotel is clean and the breakfast was awesome! They had cereal, bagels, biscuits and gravy, bacon and those wonderful waffles. Everyone we spoke to was very impressed with the food. Our room was clean; and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. Our bathroom needed a little attention - the toilet was shaky and the sink was missing the the top part of the stopper; but nothing too major. Water pressure was incredible! A great value and a great location. Staff was helpful and friendly. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were looking for a hotel along the interstate that accepted dogs and included a continental breakfast, this hotel had everything we needed. We literally pulled in at 10:30pm and drove out by 7:30am.

Upside: The beds were comfortable, staff at the front desk were very nice, breakfast was simple but good and everything was very clean.

The only downside is if you are towing anything... We had a small U-Haul trailer and parking was a little cramped. There is no pulling through or around the parking areas. You would have to drive in, back into a spot to turn around.

A sign behind the front desk clarified the pet rules: they could only be 25lbs or less and were an additional $10 per pet/ per day.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank VermontDutchGirl
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I booked a room here for an employee to stay in for work. At 2am the mirror above her bed came off the wall and fell on her and shattered! She emailed me and included a picture. Thankfully she was OK. I called Expedia to get a refund and change hotels for the rest of her stay. Expedia called the hotel manager who claimed that she must have been been messing with the mirror to make it fall and agreed to refund us ONLY for the last night of the stay and ONLY if she checked out right away. It is UNBELIEVABLE that they would do anything other than apologize profusely and refund ALL of our money. I'll never send another employee to any Microtels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Stephen F

Travelers are raving about these Auburn hotels

albany
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The woman at the small check in desk was incredibly pleasant and helpful. The lobby is small but everything was clean. Our room was very large which was great for the 4 of us. Our kids slept on the pull out couch and they did not complain. The queen size bed was very comfortable and the linens were white, soft and clean. There was no noise at all. The TV was positioned perfectly so our kids could see it as well as we could. Breakfast was nice, something for everyone. Overall a great, clean, well- priced hotel with good basic amenities, and a good night's sleep and close to Auburn. Couldn't have asked for more

• Stayed May 2012