“Very good dinner with kids”

Bob's Victory Grille
Ranked #11 of 226 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Description: Where Victory is Always Yours! Welcome to the home of the only coal fired oven in Alabama! Here at Bob's Victory Grille we serve fresh, local and homemade items Americana style with over 60 HD flatscreen TV's. Fresh food, impeccable service and great times!
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and our two kids visited last week for dinner. It was close to our hotel, and my husband had been once before and said it was pretty good. We went early, between 5:30 and 6, and the place was about half full. My almost two year-old enjoyed the crayons and fruit loops that they give kids, and we appreciated that it kept him busy. Being a sports bar it's fairly loud, so that helped drown out the occasional noise our kids (toddler and a small baby) made. The draught beer selection was just ok, but we both enjoyed our choices. I got the beefy blue pig burger with fries. I expected it to be heavy, but good and it didn't disappoint. My husband got the philly cheese steak calzone. Again, it was very filling, but yummy. Our son ate every bit of his kid's burger and some of the fries, so he was happy. We all shared the toll house cookie pie for dessert. This was the only bad part. It was straight out of the box, so I wouldn't order it again. I should have known better. You don't go to sports bars for dessert. Anyway, we had a very enjoyable dinner and will definitely return when we are in the area.

There are newer reviews for Bob's Victory Grille

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We started going to Bob's to play trivia and discovered the food is amazingly good. So now we come here often just to eat and enjoy the atmosphere. Best wings in Lee County, top-notch bar selections (hurricanes, y'all !) and huge TVs everywhere you look. Great place to go.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Went for our second visit to this giant sports grill type restaurant. We really wanted it to be good, since it is in a part of town we frequent. Our first visit was average at best. The server was attentive, but boisterous. She told us, "Everything here is homemade." To us that means everything is from scratch. To this place I think it means assembled in house. I had a meatball sandwich that was tasty and possibly homemade. My wife's entree, however, was awful. It was called a Caprese panini. Think each half was no more than a whole wheat pita (store bought), bottled Greek dressing, a 1-1/2 inch wide tomato slice, and 2-3 spinach leaves. It had been pressed in a panini grill just enough to put grill lines on the outside. It was cold and dry. My sweet potato fries were obviously from a food service.
Our second trip was worse, and we won't be back.
So truly this place is average at best. It's ranking of 10 of 98 restaurants in Auburn is way overinflated. If you like a sports grill, Beef O'Brady,s offers food of equal or better quality with better service and less noise.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Asked our hotel host where is a good sports bar was in Auburn, she said you might like Bob's. She was right, lots of tv's and seating options were great. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was fantastic and would recommend the Truck Stop Ale is the really nice. Hey it is a sports bar so get over the noise factor and enjoy fun.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Our party of nine golfers just happened by this place on a rainout afternoon for lunch. Very impressed with the cleanliness and service. The barmaid was extremely friendly and efficient. The wings superb, and the cheese fries on of the best. Highlight tho was the extensive collection of draught beers, ice cold. We all can't wait to go back someday.