“Like Having the Beach on the Plains”
Review of Shrimp Basket

Shrimp Basket
Ranked #20 of 229 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Our menu encompasses a great variety of original seafood and local favorites. Ranging from shrimp, fish, crab claws, and crawfish, we also provide po-boys, chicken, and sandwiches for land lovers. Don't forget about our specialty Roasted Red Pepper Bama Sauce over Fettuccine pasta! The goal at the Shrimp Basket is to provide enjoyable, affordable service to each and every one of our guests at whichever restaurant they choose to dine in. This is accomplished by our professional and well-trained staff working together to ensure that your memories are the best that they can be at the Shrimp Basket. It is no surprise that our popularity has magnified among locals and tourists alike as we continue to expand along the Gulf Coast. We are grillin', steamin', and fryin' for you!
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I had the White Fish with Etouffe. The fish was probably Tilapia, I would have preferred a mahi mahi, something with more substance to it. Otherwise the fish was good, the etouffe was delicious. I just wish there was more Shrimp in my shrimp etouffe.

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Like this place. Good prices ! Like the nightly deals. Great fries seafood. Love this place. My son loves to go here and have all you can eat shrimp.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Last evening my wife and I and a mutual friend went to dinner at the Shrimp Basket. She and I had all U can eat catfish for ten- ninety five. Our friend had grilled whitefish all U can eat.
The batter they use on the fried is Excellent! They were a little slow on re-orders and you only get 2 fillets per. I guess this gives your stomach a chance to fill up between orders. Our friend loved his fish that was grilled.
We have eaten at this particular restaurant before and always had a pleasurable experience. I do recommend the Fried Shrimp. Gulf caught, butterflied, and delicious!!!
We arrived at 6 pm and by 7 the place was slammed (Tues night. ) No room and a waiting line.
Also, a very bright and loud atmosphere. Talking at the table was more like yelling.
Overall, Id go again and probably at 5 pm, to avoid the crowd.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We enjoy dining at The Shrimp Basket! You can enjoy the flavors of the beach without having a long drive. The catfish filets basket is moist and fried perfectly to enhance the flavor of the fish. The oyster and shrimp platter was equally as delicious with a light breading fried to a golden brown but definitely not overcooked. All entrees are served with Shrimp Basket's signature shrimp slaw, which is awesome, and your choice of sides. We enjoy the new potatoes, corn on the cob or French fries. We will definitely go back to The Shrimp Basket, both at the Auburn location and several others scattered around the Southeast!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We normally eat at the Shrimp Basket in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach areas so we were excited when they opened one in Auburn! The food is always fresh, cooked well and affordable. They have different AYCE specials certain nights of the week. We did the AYCE fried shrimp. Yum! Try the coleslaw (it has little shrimp in it) and the potato salad - both fantastic!!