“First time visit”

Shrimp Basket
Ranked #18 of 214 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our menu encompasses a great variety of original seafood and local favorites. Ranging from shrimp, fish, crab claws, and crawfish, we also provide po-boys, chicken, and sandwiches for land lovers. Don't forget about our specialty Roasted Red Pepper Bama Sauce over Fettuccine pasta! The goal at the Shrimp Basket is to provide enjoyable, affordable service to each and every one of our guests at whichever restaurant they choose to dine in. This is accomplished by our professional and well-trained staff working together to ensure that your memories are the best that they can be at the Shrimp Basket. It is no surprise that our popularity has magnified among locals and tourists alike as we continue to expand along the Gulf Coast. We are grillin', steamin', and fryin' for you!
Auburn
“First time visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We go to Gulf Shores often and have seen the Shrimp Basket but have never tried it. When they opened in Auburn we thought we would give it a try. They were very busy the night we visited so we sat at the bar. We had the fried jalapeno strips for an appetizer that were super yummy. I had the blackened shrimp tacos for my entree; it was a little disappointing. The shrimp were small and the seasoning was not what I was hoping for. Seemed like they were just sprinkled with some pepper- not what I would call blackened. My husband had the angel hair pasta with shrimp; he said it was pretty good, but again the shrimp were pretty small. It's pretty average seafood and is fine if you got there with that expectation.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank kkpAuburn

West Point, GA
“Good food, reasonable prices, but crowded seating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had a combo with scallops and oysters. The potato salad was very good. The crab cakes were not good at all. They were dense and tasted like sage. New potatoes A ++ If there are more than 4 of you going, you will either have to split up or wait for the few tables big enough for you. There were 5 of us, 3 adults and two children and we had to sit at a table for 4 and put a chair on the end. It was not very comfortable.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Saundra O
“Great New Seafood Option in Auburn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

My family ate there recently and had a very good experience. We enjoyed fried pickles as an appetizer. I had a combo where I chose shrimp and crab claws. Food arrived hot and had very good flavor. We also had grilled chicken and fried chicken strips. Everything was good. The crowd grew large by 6 pm and people were waiting on tables. On Wednesdays and Sundays they have all you can eat shrimp. I will be going back.