“Bad dinner”
Review of The Hound

The Hound
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hound is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 222 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dadeville, Alabama
“Bad dinner”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Nice folks, but the food was just not eatable. Mine was meatload and had so much spice and hot peppers mixed in all you got was a mouth full of burning. It looked like it had been made and frozen maybe even soy meal. My husbands steak orderd medium well was rare and he just picked at it. The prices were way to high for this quality of food. I spend my $100.00 where I know the food is great but never again at this place. I won;t go back nor will I recomend it to anyone I know.

• Visited July 2014
Carutjs1, Owner at The Hound, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I am very sorry you had such a bad experience. My husband and I work very hard to ensure our guests eat well and enjoy their time, but unfortunately, we sometimes miss the mark, as with your experience. I hope that you brought this up to your server as I can assure you we would have paid for your meal and brought you something else- it's our way to ensure even if you don't like it, you still leave happy. We value and understand the importance of our customers and hope you saw that in our service. I can assure you this type of experience you described is very rare for the Hound and hope that you would give us another shot. I do want to ensure you that our meatloaf is not soy (it's all natural ground beef and pork, a few veggies and shrooms, with a spicy glaze), we don't even carry soy. Also, everything is made from scratch every day, this is part of our family kitchen culture and restaurant concept. The only thing we freeze is our homemade ice cream :). Very sorry again.

Jana Poirier

Birmingham, Alabama
““Delicious Brunch in Local atmosphere ””
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My son and I had brunch on a Sunday morning on our way out of town. We both tried the mocha indulgences - Iced Crack strong and good but the Mocha Dark Chocolate was delish! Our meal was just as indulgent and tasty. The Green Tomato Bennie was light and flavorful. I am not a big fan of pork belly but the few small bites I had made the dish complete. My son had the Granola French Toast. For those who love Disney's Polynesian Tonga Toast, he said this French Toast was better. We will come back.

• Visited July 2014
Lanett, Alabama
“Expensive Bad Food”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This restaurant looks pretty good, but the menu is limited and the food isn't any good. We had the wild game sausage and the figs for appetizers. The sausage was chewy and strong. The two guys at our table ate it all. The girls didn't like it. The girls ate the figs which were pretty tasty. For our entrees, the two guys had the burgers and seemed to like them okay. One gal had the chicken which she did not like. I ordered the beet salad topped with the snapper special. The salad was good, but the snapper was the worst I've ever had! It was tough and chewy, not at all light and flaky like snapper should be. The waitress was concerned that I didn't eat the fish and offered to take off the up charge for it. I agreed that she should do that. So my dinner consisted of one fig and a small beet salad. I left the restaurant hungry which a diner should never have to do. In my opinion, they should have offered something to replace the snapper. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank KatEagle
Auburn, Alabama
“Our favorite”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I absolutely love The Hound. I'd say we visit about once a week, sometimes just for drinks, sometimes for a meal. Their Sunday brunch is outstanding - great selection of quality food, $1 mimosas, and their house-cured bacon is just incredible.

Great beer selection with drafts that change regularly, and they have a very strong cocktail menu as well.

Try going on Thursday right at 5:00 for their 50/50 burger (half ground pork belly, half beef). Out of this world. But they only make 30 of them so get there early. All of their food is pretty great - I recommend the meatloaf. If you're a local, it will be a regular favorite; if you're in town for a short time, it's somewhere you've got to hit up before you leave.

1 Thank WTWDE
“Beer and food”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

The bacon grilled cheese was awesome and they have a great beer selection. We all had a great time but the dinner menu is a little high priced.