“It was the perfect relaxing cool little place!”
Review of The Hound

The Hound
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hound is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 230 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Based on the #1 rating, we tried it and it deserves the rating! It was a comfortable, laid back place with blues playing in the background. Food and drinks were fantastic! Can't see it from the street but trust your gps because it is behind a building. If ever back in Auburn, we will definitely go back.

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Would not have found this place on my own. We were taken there by a regular visitor and boy were we grateful! Service was attentive and smooth, food was comforting, flavorful with ample servings.

1  Thank JAGtogo
Reviewed June 4, 2014

A local Auburn University official recommended the Hound as a good, local dining experience. I wish I could find him and say 'thanks'! The appetizer, dates with goat cheese and thick bacon wrap were something my wife and I balked at ordering but were encouraged by our delightful waitress. What a treat for the taste buds! One could almost make a meal on those alone. The menu had several unique offerings including pheasant dog with bacon which I ate and enjoyed. The Hound is a little tricky to find for out of towners, but follow the crowd of all ages.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Just got back from lunch at The Hound. Summer in Auburn means fewer people to contend with so the "hour" was not stressful. Jackson, our server, was great--attentive, but not hovering. I ordered the Hot Chick and it was really good; two others ordered the special, Reuben and both raved; the last of the party order meat loaf sandwich and was also pleased.

Because it was my birthday, free bread pudding and four spoons rounded out a really nice lunch.

We were out before the end of our "hour."

WILL RETURN

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Fun and friendly place in the heart of Auburn. Built to accommodate large groups, they handled our big crew with ease. The food was fresh and tasted great and the service made us feel welcome. Nothing but good things to say about our visit.